Evan Designs' LEDs

Alkosh

I have a couple of kits I'd like to add LEDs to, but I don't want to deal with the hassle of designing and building circuits. I want to just be able to add in an already working LEDs. I searched around the internet for prebuilt LEDs for models and came across Evan Designs (http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com/ledlights1.html). They offer several different shapes, sizes, and colors of LEDs along with power connections and other accessories.

I ordered three of the green, chip LEDs and a 3V button battery switch. I promptly received an order confirmation email and received the order a few days later.

The LEDs were well packaged and included some tips on how to connect them and how to tone down the brightness.
etYn84.jpg

This image shows one of the green, chip LEDs connected to the 3V battery. The LED is bright, but it is blown out from my camera flash. I'll try to take a picture at night to show the brightness.
f2i6q5.jpg

Ooo, perfect timing, I need LEDs for my resin 'Alien XO Kane" kit... the website looks promising. Thanks for posting.

I gotta say that Even's Designs LEDs are the best thing to happen to model building lighting since the AMT came out with the Fiber Optic kit 20+ years ago. These things are amazing. No more trying to figure out what resistor to use for what battery. They just work. You pick out what kind of power supply you want to use (a 3v button cell battery or a 9v battery) and purchase the LEDs that operate on those batteries! Heck, you can have up to 50 running on one 9v battery. And they don't just sell the regular LEDs...no... they've got the self flashing LEDs which are perfect for Scifi consoles and stuff... they've also got the fireplace/candle LEDs which are great for afterburners or plane engines! He's even got some that simulate welding light for dioramas but you could probably find a use for them in just about any model! But there's more too... he doesn't just sell the LEDs... no... he's also got micro switches, micro wire, micro connectors! Can't recommend these LEDs enough! Here's a little video I put together for what I bought for my Falcon model I'm working on...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3YO3uBtQao[/youtube]

Latest posts

Back