Enterprise-E

Well, I have been procrastinating on the Slave-1 and jumped on to this one.
Most of my time has been dedicated to resetting some decal sheets I downloaded from the SSM website. A set of decals by noted forum alumni, Carlos Zangrando.
On my YouTube channel, I spoke about the lack of the aztec pattern I will be using here and I have been darkening the colors of the decals to suit my own perverted needs. But here are some pics on the modest progress I've made here on this model.
As far as the color, I've been using Pale Blue Grey by Vallejo.
2012-04-20154651.jpg
A shot of the saucer section, the only part that has been sprayed with a base coat of the Vallejo color and the following is a shot of the decal sheet I have reset off of Carlos' templates. His decal sheets fit very well and I'm sticking to what he's done...minus the aztec pattern which I didn't find very appealing.
2012-04-20154455.jpg
2012-04-20154526.jpg
These are shots of the secondary hull..nothing has been glued but the dry fit revealed a few fit issues prevalent with most AMT kits.
2012-04-20154534.jpg
Another shot of the sheets I reset from Carlos' originals.
2012-04-20154550.jpg

Sweet! Glad you're doing this buildup. I have this kit in my stash and I was curious about the build. Definitely will be following this one!

Is this the 1400 scale? I just picked this kit up two weeks ago and am looking forward to your build up of it. And yeah, Carlos is the man!

I think it was igards rendition of this that made me pick it up. I shall AT LEAST be putting a flasher kit in mine. And some led tape. and red leds, and a yellow for the dish.......................

i think ill play with my big one first ;)

Wasn't one of mine, Dave. I'm still working up the courage to build one of the 'Saucer' style Fed ships.

Was it Often Wrong Soong's?

Igard said:
Wasn't one of mine, Dave. I'm still working up the courage to build one of the 'Saucer' style Fed ships.

Was it Often Wrong Soong's?

Bingo!

I'll be looking forward to seeing your work on this one.
I really like the design. I built one back in '97-'98... anywho... a long time ago. I have pix of it here somewhere. :)

Always nice to see an 'E' on the bench and the work you've put into the custom decals is fantastic, she's gonna be a beauty I'm sure! I'll enjoy following your progress, good luck dude :)

Soong

Those decals are VERY nice indeed.
I've used his stuff on a couple of my builds in the past

smusno said:
I think it was igards rendition of this that made me pick it up. I shall AT LEAST be putting a flasher kit in mine. And some led tape. and red leds, and a yellow for the dish.......................

i think ill play with my big one first ;)
You know Dave you can go blind doing that.

Quaralane said:
Those decals are VERY nice indeed.
I've used his stuff on a couple of my builds in the past

Wait Pat....You used Carlos' decals? I didn't know he made decals. When did this start?

Used his Enterprise B stuff on the Mutara for last year's contest.
Also used his D and E stuff on a kitbash I did.

These were part of why I started printing up my own decals

To answer your question, Glor
Carlos has BEEN making decals free to download over at the SSM. I used his set of the Defiant hull shapes for my Impervious build. There are a few fit issues but nothing that makes me scream foul...and when they're free to download, who am I to complain?
I've downloaded his Enterprise-D decals to start adjusting the colors to resemble the Generations color scheme. FOr this set, I imported them into Illustrator and reset the decals to suit my own needs, and since they are now vectorized, I can change the colors anytime I need to.

Here's a link if anyone needs a set of his great decals.

http://starshipmodeler.com/tech/cz_mask.htm

Wow ScreamingSamuraiStudio, Q thatnks for that. I had no idea. i just downloaded the "E" stuff from 1st Contact for future reference. Thanks alot boys.

I've hit another stopping point on my Fine Molds Slave-1 and decided to work on the decals for the Enterprise-E.
I have to admit that I was afraid that I may have gone a little too dark on the contrast, but since I'm working with clear decal paper, the base coat seems to even it all out.
Again, I've eliminated the Aztec pattern since it had no rhyme or reason to it.

I do worry a little whenever the decals wrinkle up with the decal sol, but they always lay out very nice once they dry.
2012-04-23194647.jpg
You can see where I went off track with the pin stripe at the front..I think I can live with it and I'd have to actually point it out to anyone who looks at it close up.
2012-04-23195435.jpg
2012-04-23195628.jpg

Once dried they look pretty cool..if I do say so myself.
2012-04-23200937.jpg

Also, today I got a photo-etch set for the 1400 scale E. This will come in handy since I wasn't quite sure how I was going to paint the Sensor dish. Many many thanks to Steve Iverson for sending these out.
2012-04-23200333.jpg

Latest posts

Back