Eduard 1/144 Mig-21MF

Elm City Hobbies

My entry into the Aircraft category.

IMG_1963-vi.jpg

I will be doing the Egyptian version of this kit (should have taken a pic of the back of the box)

Very cool! This and the SMT dual kit were on my list, too. Are you going to use and PE? Also, those Egyptian markings are the coolest look for this craft...

nicholassagan said:
Very cool! This and the SMT dual kit were on my list, too. Are you going to use and PE? Also, those Egyptian markings are the coolest look for this craft...

There is no PE that come in the 1/144 kits, least mine doesn't have any.

Sprue Shots

IMG_1968-vi.jpg

IMG_1969-vi.jpg

Not much to it. Would have been nice of Eduard to include a pilot figure for those of us that plan on building it wheels up. May have to see if I can find a 1/144 pilot in one of my other kits.

Another fine kit Scott!! WOW, I might loose that one on the bench!! Grabbing some popcorn to watch the build!! ;)

Wow, that is a nice looking kit considering the size of the plane. I may be learning a bit about working with small parts in this build! :)

adampolo13 said:
You done yet? :p

Nope, not even started on this one. Spent the day away from the house at a model meeting, with $600+ in sales to boot. Beats sitting at home build a model any day! ;D ;D

Yeah the MASA meeting was today, they had a little mini show at the meeting. Once I get the pics uploaded I will throw up a link in the Model Show section.

OK, now since the Coyote is buily and just awaiting paint, I went ahead and started on this little puppy.

Tiny bubbles....all I see are tiny bubbles....ahem....I mean tiny cockpit.

Xacto #11 blade for scale effect.

IMG_2403-vi.jpg

Yes, I painted the instruments

IMG_2404-vi.jpg

Fuselage halves together.

IMG_2405-vi.jpg

IMG_2406-vi.jpg

Even at this scale, Eduard gives us detail on the burner can. Just a simple Vallejo steel with a dark grey wash to bring out the detail, which of course the flash on the camera makes disappear. It's there, honest!

IMG_2407-vi.jpg

Now....I want to pose this in flight, and while I have quite a few 1/144 aircraft in my stash, they all either have no pilots, or the pilots are molded into their seats (and very poorly I might add), so I found this guy (and his other brother Darrell), in the Cyber Hobby 1/200 Vulcan kit.

Problem is...he is 1/200, while the Mig is 1/144. He does look a tad small, but fits very well. What do you think? Worth using? Or too small for the scale? I hate seeing an aircraft in flight and no one is at the wheel.

IMG_2408-vi.jpg

IMG_2409-vi.jpg

I would use him, by the time you get the canopy up, you won't be able to tell he is a tad small.

I agree on the excellent camera work to show us that tiny detail.

At that size, I'd say you could fit a small piece of card on his bottom, and that would make him fit the cockpit just fine.
My last couple of 1/144 builds have gotten N-scale figures used, so I know how you feel

Latest posts

Back