ebay charity auction

ModelMan

24 kits of one kind or another are on the block! Lots of cars, but the other half is all Trek!

With over a dozen car/truck/plane kits, the Round 2 stash ncludes the Trek Cadet Series Movie Pack of Refit, Reliant and KTinga! All the other Cadets are there too, the 1/1400 1701-C, the Adversary Set and the POL large Dome Base kit.

Modeler's Brand has 4 products in the mix, including the last-of-its-kind Mystery Glow Kit and one each of 3mm, 5mm and 10mm LED Packs with proceeds going to help fellow modeler, Steve Neill of darkuboot fame on youtube.

The Trek plastic is all going to the Blind Cat Rescue in North Carolina. Then, with the exception of three MPC car kits which proceeds are going to the Los Angeles Food Bank, the rest of the plastic is going to the Make-a-Wish Foundation at the behest of Jamie Hood at Polar Lights.

Too many kit names for me to type, so check the the full ebay list here with pix:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/modelmantom/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=&_trksid=p3686

And here's my On the Bench video announcing the kits with once over of all of them.
On the Bench: December 15, 2012: OTB's 4yr Ann & 3rd Charity Auction!

I love the idea of what you're doing. Where are you located just so's that I can guesstimate the shipping?

Los Angeles, CA.

Priority shipping based on sizes and weights are all just about in the $7 or $10 range. I will be shipping USPS Priority only, no 1st class or parcel. All winners will get tracking numbers.

Any overestimate on shipping will have the option of a paypal refund or have it lumped into the overall donation amount, buyers choice. Same choice goes for combined shipping if there's much of a difference.

International will have to mail me upon winning for the correct shipping cost as it will be much higher. Please do not pay first.

With about 24 hours left:
- all but two items have bids on them
- four have more than doubled in price
- eighteen will sell for more than their starting bid

The one to watch is the as yet 1/2500 unreleased Trek Cadet Movie Pack featuring the new 1701 Refit tooling with the new KTinga and new Reliant! It's sitting at $26 as of now and is still, I think, cheaper than it will retail for. You can be the first in the world to own it!

The AMT White Western Star, KISS monster truck and MPC Bounty Hunter car kits are also very popular.

Less than four minutes before the first auction item ends! The Cadet Series Movie Pack leads the auction off. Get in while you can!

Sorry to hear that, John. There were some surprisingly big movers. The KISS mosnter truck sold for over 3x retail. That shocked me!

Preliminary numbers are in!
23 of 24 items sold. (No one likes 10mm LEDs?)

Total take: $556.26

Avg sale $24.17

I'll have payout details and a video when everything is paid, shipped and done.

Thanks to anyone here who participated!

Good to hear, I helped drive up some of those prices pretty high, the Kiss truck and the freightliner for example. Didn't win one of them.

First time I lost out in one of your auctions.

Yeah, I thought it odd I didn't see you around. Thanks for the effort though! :)

I think one third of all items went for at least twice their starting price. Another third went for within 1.5x starting price and the rest stayed within a dollar or so of starting with a couple oddballs like that KISS truck going for triple retail.

I hadn't realized that most of all the kits have not been released yet.

Another surprise was my 5mm LED Pack went for $6 more than I normally charge.

Only half the people have paid so far, so it will be next year before I have the final numbers.

Thanks again to everyone!!!

I was in a small bidding war for the 5mm. So you can thank me for that one.

didn't think to bid on the 10mm......

I also drove the price up on the Enterprise C, but got too rich for something I already have three of.....

Grendels said:
I was in a small bidding war for the 5mm. So you can thank me for that one.

didn't think to bid on the 10mm......

I also drove the price up on the Enterprise C, but got too rich for something I already have three of.....

grrr how did I know it was you!?!?!? lol i ended up getting the D and the richard petty car

Here's the wrap and the payoff.
3rd Semi-Annual Charity Wrap up! 2013

~$160 to the Blind Cat Rescue Shelter
~$180 to Make A Wish
~$65 to the Los Angleles Regional Food Shelter
$140 to help Steve Neill's wife afford to fight her two cancer battles.

Additionally, WBPLenge of Hobbytalk donated, without bidding, $25 to the Blind Cat Rescue Shelter in memory of his cat of many years who passed as the auction was going on last month. Almost immediately and by total coincidence, a kitten found its way into Bill's care and they are both happy.

Thanks to everyone who participated! I look forward to bringing you the 4th Semi-Annual Charity Auction when it occurs!

Latest posts

Back