Eastern Front - Part 2

PANZERMAN

My Karma ran over my Dogma.
This is part 2 of my forced perspective diorama. This will show the 1/72, 1/87, and 1/144th scales.
Again this will be a pic heavy post, so if anyone has questions concerning its construction, ask away.
modpics23177.jpg
modpics23174.jpg
modpics23194.jpg
modpics24036-1.jpg
modpics24043.jpg
modpics24039-1.jpg
Thanks for viewing. Bill

Are the KV-1 and soviet armored car scatchbuilt? If so super job. A brillant piece!

:D Wow Bill... there are huge amounts of effort & ingenuity there, man... I was searching some days ago 1:144 scale models & figs to "think" about a possible box diorama with forced perspective... I was thinking in going from 1:35 to 1:144 directly, but: 1º.- forcing / limiting the vision angles of the dio, and 2º.- breaking the visual line from the 1:35 subjects to the 1:444 ones, using some disrupting elements like a broken wall, a window, low brushes, etc...
´
I believe strongly that today this kind of effects (perspective) are almost forgotten, and also that the visual concept of designing a dio / vignette from a specific, optimum story-telling "camera filming angle" (like in movies) today is sacrificed to favourish a 360º vision of the story-concept / maximum miniature detail at least in the 99,99% of the dios
´
Your dios always make (in my mind) to recall resemblances with Shpered Paine history-telling dio style, Bill. I don´t know if he is retired from modelling, but he has done a lot of box-dioramas, and I (again) think that altough they have evident limitations (the box dioramas, I mean), they can also provide awesome opportunities & attributes to story-telling.
´
Yes, I LOVE this kind of dios, Bill
Congrats, mate, you´ve tons of what I think are creativity & experimentation attitude.
Please, keep us feed with your works!
RG
PS: I have evident english language limitations in what I intend to express, so mates... excuse me please ! some times I don´t know if I´m being able to transmit properly the idea / concept from my mind to the written phrases...

Roberto,
I agree with everything you said! So, DIDO Bill. and your english sounds better than mine Mr. Jelly and it's the only language I can speak, so don't worry about it, Bro!

Rob W.

Thanks everyone, I'm glad you have liked my diorama.
@Rentar1, Yes, the KV1 and armored car are scratchbuilt.
@Jelly, your language skills are spot on. Fine, my friend.
Bill

..... ;D Congratulations for your diorama PANZERMAN partner so pretty. Your diorama is a classic, in a childhood dream. ... I like it. .... Sincerely... Jorge. ;)

Thanks lalo133. I'm glad you liked my diorama.
Diorama building, by far, is the best part of the hobby for me.
Thanks again, Bill

Latest posts

Back