Dragon - Sd.Kfz. 234/4

Going to have a couple of figures with my build, cant decide if I'm happy using this guy here, not specifically for this position but fits pretty well.

Opinions would be very helpful for making my mind up.

Bit more detail on the side built too.

2PC7H.jpg

it looks like he was made for that spot. :) he looks good to me but i would prob change his head but thats just me

Hadn't really thought about that spud, what would you recommend? plenty of heads lying around.

Think I'm going to have about three guys at rest.

Think I may have finished the kit, bit of mystery p.e left over but I have had quite enough of that stuff for the time being.

Need to do a bit of filling on the chap (happy with the head transplant) and a couple of gaps on the puma, will do this after the interior is painted and I can glue the top and bottom of the hull together.

Need to make some decisions about stowage, camo netting and the diorama-esque base.

ZcTO9.jpg

q4c7W.jpg

9LTGM.jpg

Cheers again, Alan.

WOW :eek: That was a super quick build :eek: Looks awesome with all that shiney stuff tho '

Looking forward to the paint ;D

Chris.

Chris I think the speed of the build can be attributed to having been waiting to do this for ages and having a new job in a new area, no commitments, evenings are mine.

I'm feeling a bit nervous about getting the paint on TRM been a while, excited though. This will commence on Monday I think.

Think I may change the aerial, looks a bit chunky now its on, have some spare 0.5mm wire that should do the job.

Alan.

No worries Alan!! Take ur time and enjoy it!!! Any guitar strings lying around??? High E fit nicely for an antenna!! ;D

Haven't had Susan out for a while so gave her a good cleaning with some white spirit, Susan of course being the name I gave my air brush.

I've given the 234 an initial coat of tamiya 'hull red' which has gone on to all the surfaces cleanly. Doesn't make for a particularly exciting photo up date but never mind. Managed to detach a pick-axe in the process but that'll go back on before the next coat.

ZWMWX.jpg

The interior will be getting all the attention next so I can seal it up. May have to do some filling after its sealed along the top and bottom hull join but this shouldn't be an issue.

Cheers Al

Good question, having dual controls allowed the 234 to be manoeuvred rapidly in either direction out of trouble. All eight wheels provided drive and steering making it pretty advanced at the time.

Latest posts

Back