Dragon - Sd.Kfz. 234/4

alfonzo1

Hey Guys,

Been looking forward to this for a long time now, been away from the hobby for about 5 months now and just got all my kit into my new flat just in time for the group build.

Excited to get some paint on this, bought some new oils to experiment with for some weathering effects.

Oudzi.jpg

Progress so far- Kit looks promising moulding on the large body sections is fantastic, nice and clean with sharp detail. Going to have to leave the suspension to dry properly over night as the fitting with the axel requires a bit of force, might be able to see in the picture I haven't connected them yet. Probably my fault but no biggy anyway.

Wheels go together nicely although the lack of a prominent rim may make painting of the tires a bit trickier.

6yynP.jpg

Al

I've built two of these 234's from Dragon, the /2 and the /3. By far my most favorite Dragon kits ever, stunning details and next to flawless assembly.

Watching. 8)

im looking forward to this cant wait to see all that etch go on even tough i would in no way go that for on the etch

Oh Yeah ,

I'm lookin forward to seein this thing come together. I haven't build one of these yet. BUt as Ken has attested to & from what a couple of Guys in My AMPS chapter have mentioned. This Kit Rox .. It falls together like a Tamiya kit. WIth all of the P.E. .... this Build will Rock !!

Lookin forward to more Bro !!

Definately looking forward to seeing this come about!!! Nice set there!!! ;)

If it was easy it wouldnt be as much fun.

This is gunna take some effort this kit, photo isnt great but that thing is small, well you know how big a 1/35 panzer fire extinguisher is, 11 pieces to put that together.

KWX9il.jpg

Thanks Scott, helps having the community here to keep me interested and keep the imagination going.

Will be using what I learnt in ScaleModelMadman's weathering with oils on this build. p.s. I think the music in your videos was spot on. Looking forward to the new content.

Thanks for looking guys, Al

An excellent kit ;D and with all those extras ... :eek: Follow Kens tip on tyre painting ,you'll have no probs ;)

Chris.

good god! 11 bits on that :eek: :eek: :eek: ild be in the mental house by now

Big hurdle cleared, first attempt at a hinge and its come out well, actually swings. The hinge rod has a diameter of 0.2mm, fiddly to say the least. Not quite finished the radio need to get that sat flush but my eyes cant take any more tonight.

Might have to invest in some more precise tools, a lot more to do yet........

lImOl.jpg

Cheers,

Alan.

Starting to come together now, I agree with the comments on the quality of the kit, all fits like a glove.

Just noticed in the photo a sprue tear on the ammunition store, soon fix that up.

Must have been pretty tight for the crew operating one of these, not glued the gun mount down, think this may have to be removable for painting.

1UvDh.jpg

Alan.

:eek: What ! this thing comes with an Interior ???

I am all over it ! just the suspension and wheels assembly picture had sold me to it but now... WOw !

Excellent work my friend ! maybe I should hit WWII again...? later !

Latest posts

Back