Dragon - Sd.Kfz. 234/4

Berore you go into final weathering and painting on the mufflers you should really fix /remove the mold seams on them by the exhaust pipe.

Paint is looking very good fella :) I think HWR is refering to the join in the exhaust ;)

Chris.

Thanks man, totally over looked that for some reason. Fixed it up with a bit of green putty and sanding.

1coqS.jpg

Notice so much more when uploading photos, like the imperfections in the painting of the stowage, bit of green stuff needs to come off to underneath the exhaust. I'll forgive myself as its still early days with the detail. :)

Alan

Looking good ! Are you going to rust up that exhaust ?

Chris.

Update on the base. Used Wills paving slabs, with filler bulking out the edges of the track which will eventually be grassed with a simple fence at the back.

The slabs were primed in black, then a light grey with several very thin black washes. Intend to slighty mud and dust them up to, but dont want to go toocrazy.

mppiA.jpg

Alan

Nice looking little base Alan . I like those slabs ! Look forward to it ;)

Chris.

I agree Chris, thos slabs look pretty nice!!! Keep it rolling Al!! ;)

Hey Guys,

Pretty much finished the base for the set up nothing fancy just something to put the kit on. Getting really annoyed with the lighting in my new flat, all the bulbs are low energy crap and the direct light I use for modelling sucks for taking photos.

Anyway, the grass flock is by Noch, with mixed herds mixed in for good measure and the little tufts of grass are by Noch too. The fencing is just craft balsa wood (needs some more painting and weathering). The rocks are just weathered brick chips, not sure whether to paint them or not, look kinda like red sandstone, opinions please?

Going to add some more veg to the cracks in the slabs a maybe some dirt where the grass and slabs meet., we'll see.

CFemW.jpg

1n0LI.jpg

Cheers Al.

The base looks awesome! Like it how the stony road turned out, excellent painting and all those cracks.

ALFONSO ,

I've missed a lot of this but ... WoW Dude ! The P.E. & the Build is Very Clean !! Great Job ... The Camo ... \m/ !! Yeah Baby !! This is a mean lil' AFV !!

I dig th base !! Smashing Job !! Rock-It !!

Thanks for the comments guys, like the enthusiasm Panzer :)

Just need to make the last push and finish her off. Three figures are nearly painted, keep debating with myself about the weathering, think I'm going to go for a light sandy/dusty finish to preserve the detail and match up with the 'clean' base.

Should have a relatively free weekend, first in a while, to really put some hours in.

Going to stick some very nearly finished pieces in 'Dioramas' soon, which I hope to crack on with when this is done so go check them out.

Alan.

Latest posts

Back