Dragon Rider

Squee

This is a build that i've worked on throughout the past year. Kind of a side project that took about 2 weeks of work to do, but over a year's timeline. ;D

The little guy is a Bandai SD ez8 from the Sangokuden line, which is based off of the 3 kingdoms stories.
The dragon is a Stikfas kit i won from a contest.

of670k.jpg

birr5e.jpg

2m6mmah.jpg

ogcr49.jpg

10q9il5.jpg

2eex99u.jpg

142bl6o.jpg

t0p193.jpg

2lcl6vt.jpg

dom5wo.jpg

egu45l.jpg

14cd1zl.jpg

First time attempting a piece like this especially w/ the rocky terrain. C&C is welcome!

It's still uploading but i'll update the thread w/ a youtube video that has pictures of the wip.

Thanks for looking!

:D

SQUEE !

This is really nice! really creative! :D

I really like it very much, thank you very much for sharing this creation... :)
RG

SQUEE !!!!!!

Just a little transgression with your nick, Squee ;)

I don´t know ¿¿ ?? why but it sounds really very phonetic to me, almost like a sound... like the Dragon´s scream (my phonetic language is not like english...)

Just a lil´ liberty I took... ;)
Cheers
RG :)

That's great!
As a guy who has built several of the BB gundams from the 3 kingdoms series of kits, I must say, you did a great job. I haven't watched video yet, but did you do decals fro the hexagonal scale pattern?
;D;D;D;D;D

The scales on the BB figure are molded into the the kit. The kit comes w/ a silver decal to go over them but i wanted to try something new out, so i did the gradient effect. The "scales" on the dragon are done using Twill(a net like material).

I have shots from my wip in the video.

Fantastic paint and build work. I watched the video. I was almost going to ask about how you made the scale effect on the dragon as well.

Yea i've seen guys do carbon fibre effects and thought about how to make it bigger. I initially tried using a metal netting but it wasn't working. Then one of my favorite ab tutorial guys on youtube, did a tutorial on painting snakeskin, and i tried it with netting. Was too big so i went to the material store and saw twill. It works perfectly for model scales.

Airbrushing Snake Skin - [part - 1 of 4]

Latest posts

Back