Dragon pz Iv

spud

Irish and proud of it :)
Ok the feckers over on www.irishscalemodeller.com have been teasing m again and my tolerance to resistance is really low on this stuff.

So its going to be fun as this will be my First pz IV. im not going for accuracy on this as its going to be a kind of what if. so i can have fun and thats what its about, ill pick up some tracks and bits in Telford over the weekend
6300Header.jpg

made a start tonight so pics tomorrow as im off to kip now . ;)

Ok here is an update. this is over a few days building as i was lazy and cba uploading pics
_MG_6429.jpg
_MG_6434.jpg
_MG_6436.jpg
_MG_6437.jpg
_MG_6439.jpg
_MG_6440.jpg
_MG_6441.jpg
_MG_6442.jpg
_MG_6443.jpg

They look nice, great sag to them.

How was hull and wheel construction, any issues to speak of?

adampolo13 said:
They look nice, great sag to them.

How was hull and wheel construction, any issues to speak of?

its fine noting to report. except they dint tell you to chop off the bits sticking up so you can get the fenders on. this being my 4th of 5th panzer hull i knew they needed to go. but as soon as you try fit them you will realize it

This kit comes with those damned "DS" one-piece tracks, doesn't it?

That's what prevented me from plunking down the green for it. How annoying---I wish they'd go back to the indy-link tracks already!

Those Ostketten look mean--I had a few sets of Dragon ones that came with the Stug F a while ago, but have used them all up since. I wish they'd re-release them as kits.

Looks good. The moldings look really crisp..I've never done a Smart Models kit. How would you rate them?

thanx

Lol Ken thanks, :D

cargoman, there Awesome I love them

doog. This one comes with the magic tracks but i hate them as i can never get them to fit after i paint them,

Thanks John,

spud said:
doog. This one comes with the magic tracks but i hate them as i can never get them to fit after i paint them,
Spud,---oh, that's right--it was the zimmed one that comes with the DS tracks. My mistake!

I know what you mean about the "shrinkage" on indy link stuff. That can be annoying. I have had less of a problem with that issue after primering them before painting with a good, actual primer, and by making sure that I let them form on the wheels and sprockets for a good while before removing them to paint them. If you take them off your "mold" too soon, the plastic has a tendency to keep curing and thus shrinking the tracks to the point that they are hard to replace after painting.

If you ever want to get rid of your old Magic Tracks, let me know--I'll give you a fair price for a few sets of them. :D

i still get that prob even after a week or more of them on, I also gave all the tracks to my mate so i have a bunch of panzers with no tracks :D

the Meal Barrle i picked up was a Middle version not a late one :/ so some work was needed to get the right lenght and fix the looseness.

I also added in a brass turret mg from Rbmodel

_MG_6452.jpg
_MG_6453.jpg
_MG_6455.jpg
_MG_6456.jpg

Ok so the main build is complete, Next i get to have some What if fun with some added armor :)
_MG_6459.jpg

Latest posts

Back