Dragon M4A3 Shermie

S

ScaleModelMadman

It has been a dogs age since I did an armor thread (or any for that matter) here since work with the magazine as well as other projects keep me very busy. I have decided to share this one here as a break from all the deadline related material and just have fun with it.

It was built mostly OOB with only a few tweaks, some like the lacking drain holes near the fuel caps were to address accuracy issues, others like the casting/foundry marks on the mantlet are more for a place to hold washes etc. as I didn't bother researching exactly what they should have been and simply threw on some details for effect.

The build was done in my spare time with no photos, although I have to add some more photo etch parts and such, this thread will focus on the painting and weathering and will just be a fun project to clear my head every once and a while. One little photo as a place holder and Im off to spray some paint and take some pics.

Laters.

8)

100_6854_zps9ccd62eb.jpg

Almost forgot:

I need tracks, preferably some DS type of rubber bands etc. I have a pair, but they're the T54E steel chevron style often found on British versions.

If anyone has a lead on some cheap/free types more appropriate for this US tank, Id' be most grateful. I'd even trade these I have for them if that helps.

Hey dude, glad to see you getting some "play" time at the bench. I'm looking forward to the paint on this.

Nice to see an abramwows build again Ken! Looking forward to this. Not really a big Shermie fan or connaisseur, so can't help you on the tracks though. Hope you can get that sorted out soon ^^

Cheers

Deep breaths Ken, clear the head lol great start and I'm looking forward to seeing you getting stuck into this one.

I can probably help you out with the tracks Ken. Will T48 rubber chevron with out duck bills work? They are Dragon DS tracks.

Nice looking project! Bring on the paint!

Most outstanding Ken!! 8)
I'll be following this very closely. Nice to see you doing OD once again, and just have fun with the build.

BTW check out this new forum "The Sherman Shop" for all things Sherman. It's brand spanking new and everyone is welcome!! http://the-sherman-shop.freeforums.net/ :D

Thanks everyone for the interest and support, it'll be good to get out of the office and just have fun with one.

Eric, thanks for the invite, BigJohn sent me one right before you had, I'll be there for sure with my next update!

Joe! Great to see you here man, would love to get some of your work in the magazine. Hope Brody has a speedy recovery.

John, those tracks would be perfect dood. My favorite type.

Tanker, Johnny S, Wouts, Adam, thanks for following, I'll try to have something to post tonight.

8)

Ken Abrams said:
Joe! Great to see you here man, would love to get some of your work in the magazine. Hope Brody has a speedy recovery.

Hey Ken, thanks for the kind words and the thoughts for Brody. He is coming along and we are hoping he will get out of the boot about the first or second week of Aug.

I would love to do something for your magazine, just let me know what I can do to help.

Joe

Nothing like a build for fun with no pressure Ken, looks like a fun project, will be following with interest.

Ok finally get back and Ken's building a sherman and all I see is one pic, ONE!!!!! ;D LOL!!! Can't wait to see what you do bud!

Nice to see you on the boards Ken ;D Look forward to seeing some paint getting slapped on :)

Chris.

Okay guys, sorry I haven't replied sooner. Thanks for all the interest and sorry I haven't been back with pictures yet.

I did get the tracks I needed from John and have moved this to the shelf queen group build and will get some updates by this weekend I hope. :p

Latest posts

Back