Dragon M-103A1 (Finished)

Re: Dragon M-103A1 - 1st Entry

Kind of hard to believe that they made a model with that exhaust like that. Good fix on it!

Getting there, show this upcoming weekend, so I basically have until Thursday afternoon to get this finished.

Start of the mud, looks like something a cat puked up! :p :p

IMG_4902-vi.jpg

And the results....plus after a few shades of AK dirt.

IMG_4908-vi.jpg

IMG_4909-vi.jpg

IMG_4910-vi.jpg

IMG_4911-vi.jpg

Still have to put the road wheels and tracks on, and then some more mud to amalgamate them into the over all look.

JohnSimmons said:
Dirty!! ;D

Yup...she is going to be a dirty girl.

Had a few comments on FB about the clean return rollers saying that they wouldn't be like that.

Well duh....I'm not finished, but the only way to get the mud behind them without snapping them off was to put the mud on first, then the wheels (and road wheels, drive sprocket and track) and then add in more mud.

BTW, for those wondering how I did the mud, it is half and half, Vallejo Dark Earth Effects and Brown Earth effects, mix the 2 together (I find the dark earth too grey, and brown earth too red, mix together and viola), then added in some Woodland Scenics static grass (don't recall the color), and Woodland fine ballast (again don't remember the color) for some extra chunky texture. Little bit of water as the static grass thickened it up some, then just paint it on in all the nooks and crannies!

Latest posts

Back