Dragon 1/700 HMS Illustrious "Crash at Sea"

Rentar1

Don't let the NAZI bolt counters get you down!
How Do All,

This is the result of and armor "treadhead" attempting a 1/700 scale ship model for the first time. This is the Dragon 7046 HMS Illustrious Royal Navy Fleet Flagship. This was alot of firsts for me... first ship, water base... stageing a ship diorama.

First I would like to discuss construction. "Pain in the REAR END!". Once again I had to adapt to the fact the the CHI-COM's at dragon were again LAZY and modified and older model to make a newer model. Which, by the way, was obviously not test built before they pushed it out the door to be sold to us "CAPITALISTIC PIG WESTERNERS".

I believe this kit was modified from the earlier HMS Invincible. After about three days of puttying and sanding I was able to fill and hide most of the 1/8" gaps. other than that the model went together GREAT!
I added Eduard air carrier figures 1/700 (17504) and White Ensign Models Railings 3.

I depicted a fictional scene of a helicopter crash on deck and 2 hose teams putting out the fire with AFFF (Aquious Film Forming Foam) or it's equivalent. Hope you enjoy the pics. Constructive and nonconstructive comments welcome!

DSC03277.jpg
DSC03278.jpg
DSC03281.jpg
DSC03280.jpg
DSC03283.jpg
DSC03284.jpg

Absolutely amazing! Multi-crew fire fighting a helicopter crash in 1/700 scale!!!!!!!
You are insane and I salute your Madness! The ship's paint is perfect. The water
looks Wild! Congrats.......Congrats..........Bill.
Ps, The smoke effect looks terrific.

That's pretty nifty. I've yet to try build one, one day mabe

Really nice work here, Rentar! That crash and the smoke adds so much drama to it. Love the little fire team. Just a superb job. 8)

Thank you for the kind words ComfortablyNumb and Igard. It was fun putting it together.

Latest posts

Back