Draconian Marauder

jake

Here is my latest. Airbrushed with a custom mix of acrylics and weathered with pastels. Thanks for looking and thanks guys for helping me figure out the pic posting ;D.

dr4_zps3ca0d171.jpg

dr1_zps2844dc20.jpg

dr8_zpsd9f9e479.jpg

you've done an excellent job there, it looks fantastic.

im curious as to where you got hold of this kit. i havent seen one around in ages.

Very nice, and wicked looking...

Jimi said:
you've done an excellent job there, it looks fantastic.

im curious as to where you got hold of this kit. i havent seen one around in ages.

You can find them on Ebay and there is a resin version to be had here:

http://www.federationmodels.com/

Look under alliance models.

Excellent work for an old kit that you don't find very often on the web.

Did you built it straight from the box or used some after market parts (got one years ago on starship modeler I think, the "missiles" thingies...) ?

YOULI said:
Excellent work for an old kit that you don't find very often on the web.

Did you built it straight from the box or used some after market parts (got one years ago on starship modeler I think, the "missiles" thingies...) ?

This is a model that I built in the early eighties. It was built strait from the box with no paint or love, just a sloppy weathering job of black paint and turpentine. So last month I decided to re-work it and make it into something I would be proud of on my shelf. I froze it, broke the old glue bonds, disassembled and sanded until it was ready to be completely rebuilt. I had to cheat and make a new cock-pit glass, skull decals and I also added some fins to the back of the things on the sides (lazer cannons???) and that was it. I just airbrushed an acrylic orange mix and weathered with powdered pastels. If you can find this kit on evilbay its pretty pricy. I wish Revell or someone (moebius?) would re-pop the Buck Rodgers series!

Latest posts

Back