Dr. Deadly's Dungeon of Doom

MrNatural

my head is falling off my head
Picked up this guy at the lhs. i have been wanting to build something else from Moebius ever since the space pod and I also wanted to do a halloween themed build. This figure is awesome the detail is really crisp and well sculpted it came with three different sets of arms. Its sold as a snap together kit so you can interchange the arms but i went ahead and made them permanent 8) the most challenging aspect of building the figure was removing the giant seam line from gluing the two halves of his body, i had to sand around a lot of wavy detail. Everything is scratch built except Dr Deadly and everything is hand painted which was a nice change of pace. I made the table out of balsa wood. The rabbid bunny is sculpted out of super sculpy firm. I made the test tube holder out of some sprue and apoxie putty. The test tube was made out of one of those brush cover thingys, usually when you buy nicer brushes they have little plastic tubes as covers to protect the bristles. I find them to be annoying and impossible to keep up with so i just throw them in my scratch box. I simply heated the tube with a lighter to make it curl up, then just dabbed on the white glue to close up the other side. Dr. Deadly's Sword and sharpener are sculpted from apoxie putty as were the bloody knives hanging on the wall. The knife holder magnet thing was made out of balsa wood and strip styrene. the cup of strange red liquid was made from an old tube that used to hold tiny drill bits filled with old school testors red enamel paint. ;D

DSCN0221.jpg
DSCN0264.jpg
DSCN0262.jpg
DSCN0257.jpg
DSCN0255.jpg
DSCN0254.jpg
DSCN0251.jpg
DSCN0265.jpg
DSCN0261.jpg
DSCN0256.jpg
DSCN0259.jpg
DSCN0258.jpg

Quaralane said:
You did pretty well with what you had there.
MOdel looks poorly designed

what exactly looks poorly designed about the model? i thought it was a rather well made figure kit

Not crazy about the look of the figures is all. They look a little too "cartoony" for my tastes.
You did a good job with it, though.

Quaralane said:
Not crazy about the look of the figures is all. They look a little too "cartoony" for my tastes.
You did a good job with it, though.

I totally get what yer sayin, could be a little more gruesome, however, i love cartoons! ;D ;)

Also just wanted to throw in that the actual base was simply constructed out of 1/2 inch foam core, then the floor was covered with air dry clay and the walls were then covered with light weight spackle, once dry I dremeled out the bricks and cobble stones. the front corner of dio curled up after the clay dried because the clay shrinks a little bit while drying. I meant to seal the foam core with a mix of water and white glue because I know that helps prevent shrinkage, but I totally forgot :mad:...oh well ;)

Thanks for posting about the base, at first, I thought it came with the kit, a job well done!!

Latest posts

Back