Downed MESSERSCHMITT Bf109E

longlance67

cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war -shakespear
Howdie Friends,

wanting to try something a little different to mix it up a little opted to try a little aircraft modelling which i'm kinda new too. Its nice to make a change from armor ;)

a visit to my local art and hobby store i returned home with this little gem

P1110295.jpg

a part of their growing selection of low part count 1/144th scale aircraft series. Costing only 3euro it was a steal, nicely detailed and fits well to wargaming (those who play flames of war will like these ;) ) wanting to begin a small battle of Britain Campaign where i intend to build every aircraft that took part in the battle, so to kick it off i wanted to try something special and experiment before taking on the bigger scales. So after a few evenings of work i was left with this. Sorry my camera was on fritz during the build :-\

P1110299.jpg

P1110317.jpg

P1110307.jpg

P1110300.jpg

P1110315.jpg

P1110302.jpg

in all it was a great and simple little build, a little putty was required at the wing roots, and some flash will be needed to cleaned up also

thanks for looking folks :)

shane.

Thats pretty cool Shane ,nothing wrong with a little fun eh !! ...great job . Must be something in the water with all these 109's at the minute ;D

Chris.

Quick-Fun project. I like your downed 109 dio. The bent props
and bullet holes are very effective. Congrats. Bill

Howdie all,

Didn't think i get this level of response ;D
I very much appreicate it lads, had alot of fun with it, and now im prepared to tackle the 1/72 109's and 110's ill be working on for my battle of Britain build.

thanks, Chris, Panzerman and Ferris for kind words and support,

thanks,

shane

Nicely done Shane. Great idea for a tiny little kit. Very cool.

Latest posts

Back