Downdraft Spray Table

Damn, just acting as a junior NCO in a shop with like 8 non-NCOs was enough for me to want to never be in people management ever, lol.
And I can do without sleep, it was all the "you don't need to eat lunch"es that killed me. My skinny ass can't skip meals without feeling like death.

I am envious of you both (a little) I'm going to start gearing towards a career that is a craft. I listened to the high school counselors talking about how the easy life and money was in IT... And now there's so many damn people in IT you have to know how to code three languages, speak at least two, have enterprise experience, and have already payed for your own certifications... To be offered $15 an hour...
And they expect you to be available on call 24/7.
And in the last couple years, you don't hire in and become responsible for one companies tech, you hire into a contracting firm where you're responsible for as many companies as they can sign up instead, lol.
And f--k being literally tethered to a desk 9+ hours a day!

Damn, just acting as a junior NCO in a shop with like 8 non-NCOs was enough for me to want to never be in people management ever, lol.
And I can do without sleep, it was all the "you don't need to eat lunch"es that killed me. My skinny ass can't skip meals without feeling like death.

I am envious of you both (a little) I'm going to start gearing towards a career that is a craft. I listened to the high school counselors talking about how the easy life and money was in IT... And now there's so many damn people in IT you have to know how to code three languages, speak at least two, have enterprise experience, and have already payed for your own certifications... To be offered $15 an hour...
And they expect you to be available on call 24/7.
And in the last couple years, you don't hire in and become responsible for one companies tech, you hire into a contracting firm where you're responsible for as many companies as they can sign up instead, lol.
And f--k being literally tethered to a desk 9+ hours a day!
I probably do 30% at my desk, mainly H&S, and 70% on site which includes travelling so I get to see the countryside most days. Used to spend this time thinking about work but must admit that alot of the travelling time is now spent thinking about painting, camo, building etc. I also have the luxury of planning my own week as my boss looks after the office while I run the site's. Pretty lucky i suppose.
Irishvic

Gentlemen, firstly let me say 'thank you', to all here-in for your service... [there are afew of 'us' here]. And I had to chuckle somewhat; your banter gave me smile and jostled up some 'older memories'. Love that 'table' station...Amight bit to big for my uses [but very nice] and do take care Gentlemen and have a safe weekend. - Ed

Gentlemen, firstly let me say 'thank you', to all here-in for your service... [there are afew of 'us' here]. And I had to chuckle somewhat; your banter gave me smile and jostled up some 'older memories'. Love that 'table' station...Amight bit to big for my uses [but very nice] and do take care Gentlemen and have a safe weekend. - Ed
Hey, are you Steve from the old Sci Fi Model Action forum, who made that fantastic Space Quest model?

Thanks guys .
and Welcome Aboard , Gruntdoc !
I'm honored to be the recipient of your very first post on SMA , :D

Oh there's no shortage of tools here , Mr Cat .
Another whole workshop out back too .

About half the stash in these pix , maybe a third of it -- it's squeezed in at 4 spots around the room .
The other half is beneath the electronics area and the photo bench .

DSC06213.JPG
DSC06214.JPGDSC06215.JPGDSC06216.JPG

Last edited:
"This is the problem with building plastic models...you need another house for all your kit!
Everything I need to build a paper model fits into a Pencil Case!! lol "

Colour me impressed. Although I still think the downdraft table is a bit overkill.
I've worked in real car downdraft spraybooths that are less complicated! haha

Thanks for sharing some photos, its always great to see how others live. Danke.

Thanks , but overkill ? :D
There's no components that aren't necessary for it to do it's job , tied to a 1-1/2" suction pipe .
If it didn't need to accommodate up to 4 foot long ships it wouldn't need the shutters .

It works great .
I smoked a cig over it for her sea trials . ;) Works better than my hi-dollar smokeless ashtray .

Latest posts

Back