Dogfight Diorama...

Chiefpettyofficer said:
Ah, very nice. Thats an very old Dora, because she have a beard :)))))
Tell me, were the Decals of the 190 with swastikas or without ?!

thank you, glad you liked it XD

this Kit included the Swastikas, two kinds in fact, big ones, and small ones, i chose the smaller ones, that beard XD as you probably know are streatched peaces of cotton, dabbed with red and orange and yellow paint in spots to appear to be flames!

Scott Girvan said:
Nice job on that.

thanks scott, glad you like it, the credit on the snow goes to you! i got the idea with the chunky snow from you! i thought the snow in the AT AT build looked pritty sweet, so i decided to do the same. difference is i did not use light weight Spackle, i used the stuff that applies pink then dries white! i even used it for weathering on the tank, works like a charm!

THE STORY LINE BEHIND THE DOGFIGHT DIORAMA!!

when you guys get the chance read this and tell me what you think, this is the story line behind this!

I just got finished knocking out a BF-109 when something caught my attention in the corner of my eye, fast approaching my six oclock, was what appeared to be a Focke Wulf, but with a much longer nose. I quickly reacted by snapping a hard left hand turn, the focke wulf quickly followed opening fire, a single cannon round hit my wing tip, tarring a large hole… now it was personal, this fighter behaved much differently, it seemed to have a slightly better sustained rate of turn, it would stick on well, I shook at it, and as we fought I would look behind me and noticed as air speed would bleed off, I would maneuver better and better agents the fighter. the pilot was apparently a high scoring experienced ace, and his aircraft was sporting a yellow nose and prop hub with a Winter camouflage, he was showing his colors, instinctively making his moves. Soon I was buzzing over tree top level, i rocked the aircraft right, left, then tore into a right hand turn, peeling out of view, my sustained rate of turn was much better as it appeared, I quickly gained ground as I ran away after turning, in fact it was if as the pilot gave up right there!
I turned to chase, it was time to turn the tables, as I closed in the focke wulf began to climb as he noticed I was approaching, but this did not help at all, as I started to climb with him, I was climbing faster, as I started to approach I turned on War Emergency Power, my engine roared to life with even more power, now I was climbing faster! The German noticed my advances, and began a turning fight level, as the turning fight started I was keeping up just fine, and as time passed the turning fight became more sustained and I started to catch up quicker, and quicker! I quickly noticed like any Focke Wulf as a turning fight becomes more sustained, its turn performance starts to deplete agents the Mustang! Jerry immediately noticed he needed to gain energy and started a diving turning fight, it helped him… only to buy time, as speed increased It only slowed my approach in the turning fight, and as altitude dropped he was now trapped!
If this FW-190 is like any other, I know the mustang out climbs, and has a better sustained turn, and out runs it. And I was catching up quickly as he was now trying to run, he now decided to turn, it turned hard to the left, I followed, G forces plastered me into my seat this time, we where really turning hard, approached closer… and closer… now I was getting right on his tale, he was trying to get as much altitude out but there was none left for energy, and the longer he turned the easier My mustang out turned him, I was now on his tail and drawing bead. I carefully aimed, and pulled the trigger, a heavy burst tore into his engine cowling, and it burst into flames! The entire frontal part of the aircraft Caught fire! I aimed one last time and fired a heavy chain, rounds slammed into his left wing, we screamed buy a what appeared to be a downed bomber, narrowly missing trees, I watched his aircraft lose control, and smash into the ground, leaving a trail of fire!

I watched his aircraft lose control, and smash into the ground, leaving a trail of fire!

" ... ich hatte einen Kameraaaaden....." lol

this Kit included the Swastikas, two kinds in fact, big ones, and small ones, i chose the smaller ones, that beard XD as you probably know are streatched peaces of cotton, dabbed with red and orange and yellow paint in spots to appear to be flames!

Swastikas not included on german kits :-(((

Chiefpettyofficer said:
I watched his aircraft lose control, and smash into the ground, leaving a trail of fire!

" ... ich hatte einen Kameraaaaden....." lol

Swastikas not included on german kits :-(((

you want some? i will give you some! i think i have a set maybe two... from my Focke Wulf kits, both my D-9 and A-8 came with two sets of swastikas! the only thing i would concern about is they may be kind of large for the 109E-3

Quaralane said:
Nice looking dio, Ace
thanks, im really glad you liked it, i worked hard on it, took weeks to complete this build, not only beacuse it was sort of on the tedious side, but the wait for the materials made it a build that required a lot of patience XD

JMac said:
Cool build Ace. It turned out really nice.
thank you, im glad you liked it, i think it turned out well too, not only beacuse of its scale, but beacuse of the quality, i think its some of my better work.

13aceofspades13 said:
you want some? i will give you some! i think i have a set maybe two... from my Focke Wulf kits, both my D-9 and A-8 came with two sets of swastikas! the only thing i would concern about is they may be kind of large for the 109E-3

That would be nice :) The E-3 get more..futuristic...marks, but there is a Dora 9 waiting for some upgrade, hehe!

Grendels said:
Nice video!! Did you get a new camera? The quality of your videos went up some.

no... same old fuji 10 mega pixel XD it was just the environment i filmed in, the other cameras are more expensive. i can barley afford this hobby, but i do it with what i have, and it works i guess.

Forward!

Keep moving forward! I like it! Keep creating. Things always seem to change for me as I plan and move forward on a project. I think you should try the 48th scale dog fight dio. May I suggest using 1/144th scale ground vehicles below the aircraft? Gives a sense of height. Keep up the good work!

Frank Blanton

Latest posts

Back