Dodge L-700 Command Vehicle

dogfish7

So many models.... so little time
This will be the Donor kits for the build. Hope to start by this Friday.
IMG_5199.jpg

IMG_5200.jpg

Changed the name in Photo Bucket, so of course you can't see the first couple of shots of the kit boxes. ( Can't find the EDIT button! ) So, Camper and directions.
IMG_5341.jpg
IMG_5351.jpg
L-700 kit.
IMG_5352.jpg
The Lindberg kit has lots of flash to clean up. Guess there was Old Mold ::)
So, lots of clean up to do.

The edit time limit is a few hours after you post. If you repost the images I'll edit the original post for you.

Here's an example of how much flash there is to remove.
IMG_5355.jpg
IMG_5357.jpg
OOOppps..... the DODGE emblem fell off! :eek:
IMG_5360.jpg
And the air intake screens must have rusted out.
IMG_5362.jpg

Yeah, quite a bit of flash on these, but considering the original molds date back to the late '60s when IMC first produced it, it really is no surprise.

Yeh, most of it's pretty thin and fairly easy to clean up. Thanks to a great tip about amainhobbies.com , was able to pick up some awesome new meats for these truck tires. They are perfect for 1:25 Big Truck tires!
IMG_5364.jpg
IMG_5363.jpg
IMG_5365.jpg

More body work and clean up :eek: As you probably noticed on the DODGE emblem, my drill bit slipped off the mark and the hole was way out of line with the rest. No biggie, just scribled a couple lines with a pencil and a straight edge, then re-drilled. Took a stick of small diameter rod, stuck it into the off center hole and put a drop of plastic welder cement on the back. Will trim it off and sand, then you will never know I goofed. ::)
Homer-simpson-doh.gif
IMG_5376.jpg
IMG_5377.jpg
Also drilled out the Cab 700 badges first, then shaved with a #11 and sanded.
IMG_5373.jpg
IMG_5374.jpg
Removed the front grille screens with the back of the #11,filed and sanded.
IMG_5370.jpg
IMG_5371.jpg
After filling sink holes with White Putty fitted allot of the chassis pieces.
IMG_5366.jpg
IMG_5369.jpg
The rear tires should come soon. Then I can adjust the ride height. I'm thinkin the stock 361 V 8 isn't going to quite get it, so may need to up the horse power some. ;) The Blower assembly is in the CLOROX being de-chromed.
IMG_5368.jpg
IMG_5372.jpg
Also received my first order from DWC! They're in the Bleach white soaking as we speak. I'm excited about trying them out!

Great update. Those tires are HUGE! Very cool. Great haul from DWC also. Sweet.

Thanks Scott! After soaking the blower in Clorox, saw a bunch of clean up I missed.
IMG_5379.jpg
IMG_5384.jpg
Cleaned up the fuel cells, drilled out the badges and mirror mount holes on the doors and mounted the door hinges. Should have just made my own hinges. They fit poorly.
IMG_5385.jpg
IMG_5383.jpg
Tires came from A Main Hobbies. Now I'll be able to check the ride height for the Camper box.
IMG_5386.jpg
After soaking Jared in the Bleach White, washing and cleaning him all up, was implressed with how little flash and seam lines there were. Will have a shot of him later.

Thanks Scott. After soaking Jared in Bleach White to remove mold release oils, he cleaned up pretty nice and wen together.
IMG_5388.jpg
IMG_5389.jpg

Yes he is! :eek: Voratious appetite to boot! But I have a big M2 machine gun, to help him trim off a little weight. ;D
IMG_5390.jpg
IMG_5391.jpg
This will hopefully deter him from eating more than his fare share ;)
:p

Super cool, dogfish :)

A ton of work there, boy... a good amount of extre details too !!

Cheers man :)
Jelly

Latest posts

Back