DML Brummbar Pz.IV (MID Prod) kit#6460 WIP

Tony lee

This is a Dragon kit from 2008 and even though the box art shows it with zimmerit you'll have to add your own. DML has recently released a kit that does have the zimm molded on,wouldn't you know it. :D
I don't mind because I used ATAK resin zimm and it's a breeze to apply. Also i've got Fruilmodel tracks and the Griffon ,oh good lord, hero PE set. ;D

You want see a whole bunch of brass?
100_0209.jpg

I started with the most difficult units first,the ammo lockers, while I was still hyped about this build: ;D
100_0211.jpg
Here they are with the radios after spending about two days at the bench:
100_0213.jpg
That's the Hummel in the background under construction.
The test fit proved it to be right on the money:
100_0218.jpg

I used Gator Grip glue to apply the ATAK resin zimm:
100_0220.jpg
100_0222.jpg
100_0221.jpg
Some feel that DIY is the only way to go but for me it's "Why reinvent the wheel",it's a great product.
If you've got the time and skill go for the DIY,I'm short on skill.

The gun is real nice but the fit of that ball is very very tight. Dry fit and work on the tight spots before applying the big hammer.
100_0230.jpg

Just some construction shots:
100_0226.jpg
100_0227.jpg
100_0228.jpg
100_0229.jpg

Painting the interior so I can close this thing up:
100_0237.jpg
100_0235.jpg

Looking through the hatches at your handy work:
100_0238.jpg
100_0242.jpg
100_0240.jpg
100_0245.jpg
100_0243.jpg
I think the Tristar kit comes with the interior?????

Base coat of dark yellow has been applied:
100_0450.jpg
100_0451.jpg
100_0424.jpg

What a shame,all that shiny stuff is under paint.
Tony lee :)

That is a lot of brass. I have only worked with PE once on a 1/43 Scale Master's Cobra ... and that was years ago. I'm amazed at the amount of PE that is out now.

Wow what a ton of brass.

Looking great though. I want to get a set for the Trumpeter Faun tank transporter, and it is much like this set....one ton of brass.

Gator Glue is awesome for PE...never thought of using it for something like the zimm you have...but see no reason why it wouldn't work. Great Tip!

Lots of brass and I used the biggest part of it too. Gator Grip is a very handy tool to have on hand,just be sure to buy it during warm weather,if it freezes in transit it's a dead duck. :(

Thanks for coming by the shop

Oh, know all about that. Kenny usually sends the glue to me for the shop wrapped in insulation. Works well as I can then reuse the insulation when I get people ordering it from me off of the website. Works like a charm!

TONY,

Great lookin' Brumbar ! Th interior is Awesome ! Great P.E. work. I gotta get some of that Gator Glue & get away from th C.A.

Too bad some of th interior gets hidden , but Still Cool none th less !!

Rock-On Brotha' !

What a beautiful work of art better than any boring picture I would hang that on my wall With pride the level Of detail is amazing 10/10

Geegad

:eek:

Oh, man!

When I see models of this almost Epic Quality standard, I feel that maybe I should focus in cooking omelettes, and left behind me this hobby :eek:

Congratulations, Tony :eek: You´ve got brain-surgeon hands and Job´s patience ! :eek:
RG

Thanks so much for the fine compliments guys.
I hope to get it finished sometime this year because I can't boil water without burning it.

Tony lee ;D

lol that is insane you woul almost need a Qulification in Brass work with that. Lokks Awsome

Outstanding work there Tony. All that PE is just plan Kool. I can't seem to wrap my head around doing PE. Every time I have tried, it just turned into a hot mess. But I'm going to hit it one day! :p

Another exceptional job here Tony! It's a pleasure to watch along! ;)

Thanks for the kind words guys.
Not much to watch here lately,sorry about that.

Thanks Again

PS: PM sent Eric

Latest posts

Back