Dawn on the Farm

Deere_driver

Here is my attempt at getting something together for this build based on the Monogram F-250.
I farm and ranch in Texas and based this build on what I could cobble together if we awoke to Zombieland tomorrow. I took some inventory of what is available around our farm and am working toward a somewhat armored truck using materials we have on hand. I'll be closing in the cab and bed and using the mesh and barb wire for that purpose. The wheels are the great 1/24 Losi wheels mentioned in another thread; thanks for that great tip!!
I'll post more as I move along. I'm really enjoying watching what everyone else is doing!!

IMG_3482.JPG

IMG_3485.JPG

IMG_3483.JPG

Neat idea. I'm curious about the PE. Never saw it before. Where do you get it and how much. thanks :)

This is great. Looking forward to seeing it come together and like Matt said, how the PE looks/works out. Same goes for those tires.

The PE came from Spruebrothers, although I expect you can get it other places. Each set was about $8.00. The mesh comes in many different sizes and the barb wire in several styles.

Those tires are great; I just hope I can do them justice!

Cool. I'm looking forward to seeing this progress. Nice choice of headgear too. Thanks. ;)

Scott Girvan said:
Cool. I'm looking forward to seeing this progress. Nice choice of headgear too. Thanks. ;)
Good product placement never hurts. Actually, I keep it next to my bench to remind me of my goal: Completion!!

dogfish7 said:
Welcome to the build and a great start! 8)
Thanks, glad to be here.

Just a quick update of my slow progress. I'm working on building a new front bumper, and I completed the rough outline for a new front windshield with a cutout that will be covered with the PE mesh, or slats if that looks to small. This is my first real attempt at scratch building, so things are moving slowly. Hopefully I'll make it on time.

IMG_3491.png

That is looking great man. Great to see you getting into scratch building..it's alot of fun.

Thanks, I appreciate the encouragement. I'm really enjoying this build and getting out of my "comfort zone."

Thanks guys. I've done some more work on the bumper and shields for the rest of the windows. I've got to get some paint on a few things; the deadline is coming up too fast! More pics to come.

I'm about done with the bumper; all I need to do is fill seams and maybe add some lights and tow hooks. I'm working on getting the windows closed up now. I was glad to see the deadline moved back a bit. I need all the time I can get!

IMG_3494.png

Looking great, like it could punch through almost anything! 8)

That's awesome. In fact I have EXACTLY the same kit that I started a couple of years ago to make a zombie truck from. I'm interested to see what you make of it!

Latest posts

Back