dark burgundy

Stan57

Anyone have a mix ratio for dark burgundy?? I as most men am color blind so I mosty follow the paints instructions with models I'm working on The Bride of Frankenstein and the couch calls for Dark Burgundy im like duh lol So my web search turns up no dark burgundy other then for Metallica colors...help guys...

Stan

access to ..any and all. I have plenty of Vallejo except brown I do have some red brown/brown in Tamiya.But with the internet theres no paint I cant get. I do not use enamels my granddaughter spends a lot of time with me so there use is out. going to the hobby shop today darn wish I seen this sooner...

wow severely disappointed and kinda surprised that no one is willing to share their burgundy mixing ratio.

Stan57 said:
wow severely disappointed and kinda surprised that no one is willing to share their burgundy mixing ratio.

Ever think that maybe no one has one? Sorry that you are disappointed, but in the month ago you asked for help, I would think you would have done some trial and error for the color. Yes people can be color blind and you may be one of them, but to say that most men are color blind would be a false statement.

Burgundy is basically a mix of Red and Purple, with maybe a little brown rolled into it if you want it darker, but for the most part it is on the redder side of the spectrum.

Most Burgundy colors would be found in the automotive world, hence why you are seeing most in metallic, as the metallic shows off the darker color.

As far as Vallejo, there really is no one color that would represent Burgundy, out of the bottle, Model Color #814 Burnt Cadmium Red would probably be the closest, however to mix your own custom color, I would just play around with red, purple and maybe a bit of med. brown if you need it darker.

Quick Google images search for Burgundy came up with this:

https://www.google.ca/search?q=Burgundy&client=firefox-a&hs=Qjd&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&channel=sb&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=THsHVNXjE4jGggScpoKACA&ved=0CEUQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=959

Lots of examples there.

Check out minitaire and the new Vallejo game air ranges for airbrush, or any of the paints aimed at miniature painters for a better range of brighter colours. Might be easier than mixing your own.

Latest posts

Back