DAK Tiger

ModelFreak72

Hey everyone! It's been a while since I've been on and while looking through the forum I saw what was going on here. I'm doing a shelf queen build on another site, so what better way to say hey again! This is a Tamiya Tiger I started about 4 months ago and after getting some tracks for it, decided it's time to finish her. Here she is!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks John! No haven't read the book yet but it is on my list! I plan on doing the tiger as on of the 501 tigers painted olive drab.

ModelFreak72, I have this same kit and have not finished it as well. What stop me from completing this kit is the tracks. The Tamyia rubber band tracks just lack detail. Just curious, what tracks did you end up purchasing? Looking forward to seeing your Tiger completed.

Thanks Tanker! The tracks I got for the Tiger are the AFV workable tracks. Not to bad to put together for the price. $25. I'll try and get some pics of the for you, camera dosn't like to do close ups.

Work on the tiger has been slow, using PE from the parts bin and plastruct was able to get the tow cables on and wire the headlights!

Those AFV tracks are sweeeeeet!!! Like the details it brings to the old Tamiya kit. Are there any difficulties in putting the tracks together such as small plastic pins inserts etc...? I have to consider getting these.

Good work on the build. Like to see it painted the "green" they had on it in the desert.
The track update is a nice addition. Keep up the good work. Bill

Hi everyone sorry for the lag in posting, home stuff turned into working a shut down at Millstone power station. Ok I got alot of pics here!
First is a pic of the directions for the AFV tracks. With putting these traks together tamiya extra thin needs to be used sparingly, had a few traks glue together! :p

For the base coat I used Lifecolor olive drab. The tools and tow cables are painted with metallic gray and the wood is lifecolor dark wood.

The chipping was done using a small piece of foam and vallejo camo black brown. The traks are are painted with a home made mix and drybrushed with hobby color silver.

Latest posts

Back