D.I.Y. Workbench Tool Organizer

Tanker52

Looking for a way to organize your tools, files, knives, etc... and cost you almost nothing to make. I put this video together on how I made my workbench organizer.

DIY Tool Organizer

Cool idea, I like it. Stuff like this a great...but I've found the key is to actually put all the tools away at the end of the day. ;)

Thanks for sharing.

Nice idea, it gave me an inspiration on what to do with mine. Now I only need to find the time to build it up!

If you are using a desk with a shallow drawer, you can use a kitchen drawer utensil organizer for anything like knives, tools, tweezers, sanding sticks, paint brushes, etc.

i use a computer desk and i have my old balsa tool box screwed to the keyboard tray bit risky looking for a knife in it ;D

My Uni workdesk:
IMG_3391.JPG

i think ill get one of them drawer things keeps thins neat and tidy the way i like

PharmPhluegel said:
If you are using a desk with a shallow drawer, you can use a kitchen drawer utensil organizer for anything like knives, tools, tweezers, sanding sticks, paint brushes, etc.

Great idea, I have one of those multi drawer plastic stowage bins with a shallow drawer. This gives me an idea on how to organize my other tools.

I also have one of these to keep paint and other stuff in. Right now it's a mess since I use it to pack the modeling supplies I take with me to Uni.
reg-10890.jpg

Great Idea . another little tip is a large spring to hold your brushes . just don't use a too heavy gauge . just Aghor the ends leaving a little play with the spring and you can push your brushes straight into it.

TY for the video. I am going to make that for my workbench. I seen tool Organizers like that to buy they were like $20.00 to $50.00. that is like one grate model to make or 5 ok ones to build. LOL

Tanker52, do you remember where you found that foam? I went to my local craft shop (Micheal's) and looked but was only able to find the white foam that falls apart or the flower foam which is not durable enough either. I should have asked the girls at the store but totally spaced it off. May go back and see if they know what i am talking about and if they can get it in for me.

Thanks for the tip. great idea

I dont know if you guys shoot bow and arrow at all. The bow and arrow target styrofoam type material I found seems to work the best. Its durable enough to have an arrow tip go through it and not produce that big of a hole most are self healing. It works great for this type of stuff. Im actually experimenting with making a cutting mat out of this stuff. The problem is getting a thin evenly cut layer big enough and flat enough to produce the idear im looking for.

Latest posts

Back