Cylon Raider

Following this build with great interest. Everything looks fantastic. Keep the pace up,
cause Tick Tock...Time Grows Short. Bill

I guess the 30th Anniversary Kit is the better one. I have 3 or 4 Classic Viper Kits, all without clear Parts. I hide the boxes deep down at the stash :)

Thank you very much for your comments everybody! I am tring to rebuild the cockpit canopy with damage right now. Hopefully, I will have it done this weekend.

Once Again, Thank you all for the comments. Here is my latest update. I completely scatchbuilt a new cockpit canopy. the kit version is a thick chunk o' plastic. The detail isn't bad on it, but you can't see through it. I found a great pic of the actual set and pic of the Cylon's view through the canopy. I don't mind tell you guys that this is the hardest thing I have ever attemted to model and I didn't think I could do it....but I did an I am very proud of the results. With that said I have also decided that I will not be building another one anytime soon. I also modified the poor Cylon that got sucked out into space. Here are the pics.
DSC04320.jpg
DSC04321.jpg
DSC04322.jpg
DSC04323.jpg
DSC04324.jpg

WOW! What a complicated build. I guess the simple kit part belies how complex
the actual louvered canopy is......Fantastic job you've done here. The destroyed
portion allows ample viewing into the cockpit. Don't want to hide all that great
detailing you've done in it. The "Spaced" Cylon looks marvelous as well. The splayed
posture of its limbs will convey nicely the weightlessnous of space's vacuum. The
shredded arm with conduit and wires hanging out portrays the carnage of explosive
decompression perfectly. Another major build hurdle has been surmounted. Congrats!
Bill

Gorgeous scratchbuilding, and the concept is just so fresh! Here's hoping that the paint will match such an undertaking! Excellent work Rentar ;D

Hi guys! We are down to brass tacks now. It looks like a ship now. here are pics of the Raider before the Viper attack.
DSC04327.jpg
DSC04328.jpg
DSC04330.jpg

And, after the attack.. Also added interior bulkheads. Still needs sanding around cockpit and some interior paint befor adding guts and ripped paneling and trusses.

DSC04331.jpg
DSC04332.jpg

DSC04334.jpg
DSC04335.jpg

Thanks again for all the support guys!

I am going to try my best to get it done in time , but if I can't I am not going to sweat it. I don't want to rush and do a sub-par job. Thanks for the comments guys.

Latest posts

Back