Cylon Raider

The Art of Destruction....great work here. Done a terrific job putting the bulkheads in there. Don't rush this, it looks too good for shortcuts to ruin it.
Are you sure a Viper caused this damage, cause the last transmission from the raider
went something like this....."Centurian, what's this red button for.....BOOOOM!".
HaHaHa. Bill

Wow! Rentar, I've lost track of this one! Excellent work so far. Hope you can make the deadline, but you've got the right attitude, make sure you do her best you can, not the quickest you can.

Good luck mate! 8)

I didn't "finish" it enough for me, but I did enough for the contest. Scott posted the pics under finished contest entrys. I will be continuing this build though thanks for the support and encouragement.

After seeing the finished pics, the biggest thing I can see this needing is some serious "dirtying up" of the damaged areas. They look too clean
Fantastic build work on her, though

I agree I will be adding ripped up hull plateing and some more structural damage to the engine area and there will also be a large section of the wing that got blown off, floating around with the cylon that got spaced.

Just a small update on my lack of progress, for those interested. I am currently working on an AMPS (Armor Modeling and Preservation Society) review build for the AMPS website. So, I have had to put this back on the "self for a couple of weeks untill I finish the review. Thanks!

Rob W.

This update is a long time coming... I have been working on contest builds and AMPS website reviews. I have set aside one day a week to continue working on my cylon raider. I have done a lot of work to this sucker and I am determined that it will not be in vain! So, here are some updated shots... I have added more detail to engine compartment (piping, hull frame "I" beams, and ripped hull plating (I have a lot more to do to that)). I have re-puttied and sanded seams that I missed and added a sturdy base that I can build off of, along with a battery and switch compartment.

DSC05103.jpg
DSC05108.jpg
DSC05104.jpg
DSC05105.jpg
DSC05106.jpg
DSC05107.jpg

Thanks for your continued intrest.
Rob W.

Fantastic interior build. love the idea.

You have certainly thought out side of the box instead of an out of box build...lol

Well Done

Gav

Great to see this one back in the forum. Nice new details you've added. Looking fantastic.
Curious to see how the base will look when finished.
"By Your Command!".........Vrooop....Vrooop....Vrooop. Cool! Bill

Latest posts

Back