Cuba 1962

noname

Reaction score
Thanks Panzerace.

I have been working on this and thought I should show a few photos for proof.

I painted these engines in the past a blue like this.

But I kept seeing engine a lighter more grey blue like this.

But now I'm thinking that colour may be for trucks. Oh well, I like it. So they changed the engine maybe right? ;)
Big thanks to CT for supplying the engine.

The interior will be done as soon as I do the dash. I don't like doing dashes. But I really don't like BMF work.

Thanks for looking.

CTspeedshop

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. : )
Reaction score
The engine looks great! Perfect weathering! Everything else is looking killer as well. ;D

CTspeedshop

Reaction score
Oops. I just noticed that The first engine was from a previous project. Great weathering anyway. Lol.

noname

Reaction score
He he, ya that was an old build. I'm not clear weather the first or the second picture is the proper colour for a 51 Chevy.
Anyway, thanks for the compliments. I will thoroughly enjoy building and weathering this engine. I am however trying not to go over board on this as the car would technically only be 11 years old. Subtle on the wear but I'll go good on the dirt. ;D

CTspeedshop

Reaction score
I had a 1950 Styline Deluxe. It was all original, three on the tree, no power steering and yes, my wife could actually drive it. She's not just posing. Lol.

noname

Reaction score
Oh that's cool! awesome shape. I have no doubt she could drive it. Three on the tree is kinda fun. you know you're driving something old when....

noname

Reaction score
Hey guys, been working on the motor. A bit of weathering. It is easier to weather the engine first and then add the extra bits otherwise it is hard to get around the block in areas.

I've scratched a coil and made some plug wires. Running out of "boot" material so I opted to use masking tape. Pretty straight forward.

The coil is easy to make with a disk and a couple of different sized rods. Here you can see I've also prepared an oil filter which is held in a container and usually attached to the manifold on these sixes.

More detail to add yet. Fuel lines and heater hoses etc. :)

noname

Reaction score
Thanks man. I've got it wired now. Still a bit of detailing to do yet.

CTspeedshop

Reaction score
Did you scratch build the air cleaner?

noname

Reaction score
Oh meant to mention that is a parts box air cleaner (and carb.). Although you probably could scratch one like that pretty easy. It isn't correct but is close enough.

noname

Reaction score
Finally got the engine finished. Maybe try to find a couple of decals that might look believable.

I just realized I need to cover the hole in the oil filter canister. Should add a few bolts to the bracket as well.

CTspeedshop

Reaction score
Superb! Looks like the real thing.

noname

Reaction score
Thanks guys. No Scott, I feel fine, although my back has been bothering me. ;D Too much slouching over the bench.

noname

Reaction score
Got the engine in this one as well. Added heater hoses. Bit more fiddling but not much left to do.

CTspeedshop

Reaction score
You have been a busy guy. Updates going on everywhere. Engine bay looks great. Would like to see an update on the Willys. Hint, hint. ;D

noname

Reaction score
Thanks, but man the Willys? I kind of set that aside for now. Too much other stuff going on. I wouldn't be able to paint it properly until spring. But who Knows.

Latest posts