Cuba 1962

noname

Reaction score
Jeeze I hate to commit! But I thought I could do something with this SQ and join the "Rumors of War" group build at the same time. I may only get to pick at this here and there. Been hardly modeling over summer and have a few other things I'm trying to finish, like you doesn't eh? ;) ;D

I started this a few years back and was going to be a Gasser. Now it is going to be a car leaving Havana in 1962. With the threat of the "Cuban Missile Crisis" I don't think there would be any safe place to go but this person is trying to get out of harms way.

I started by sanding the paint as it had a mild orange peel. In 1962 this wouldn't have been too beat as it would only be 12 years old. But weathered for sure. May bring the paint back a bit with a polish.

I originally gave it the Gasser nose up stance. This will work great for a loaded trunk. ;)

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Reaction score
Yeah I like where your going with this. :D

CTspeedshop

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue. : )
Reaction score
This is gonna be cool. Excellent idea!

noname

Reaction score
Glad to have you guys along. I just realized I used the engine for another build. Does anybody happen to have a six cylinder for one of these they aren't using? If not maybe I can muster up a V8. Chevy didn't have a V8 for these but maybe the guy blew the engine and replaced it. ;)

CTspeedshop

Reaction score
Yours if you want it. You'll have to come up with a carb and breather.

Leighbo

Reaction score
Really nice interpretation of the theme matt, good to see you back at the bench, I'll be watching this one

noname

Reaction score
Thanks Leigh.

One thing I had to do is patch up the holes I made for the Gasser headers. Don't need them anymore so in goes the styrene.

Got the chassis weathered.

And the paint.

I wanted some colour so I added fenders as if replaced due to an accident. The blue and cream are correct for this car (or close enough). The hood is for fun. Maybe it came off a commercial vehicle. Maybe he just wanted an orange hood. Who doesn't right? ;D

noname

Reaction score
Ha, that's what I'm saying. Orange hoods rule!!

Oh, and CT is sending me the six cylinder. Thanks CT!

noname

Reaction score
Thanks John. This is just a canvas tho. I'm going to have fun with this. ;D

CTspeedshop

Reaction score
Great update! Love the color choices. The orange hood will make it go faster. ;D

noname

Reaction score
Yes it should go much faster. Most fire trucks have a red hood and that's pretty close. ;D

noname

Reaction score
After looking at the above picture I thought the chassis might be over rusted for the age of the car so I toned it down a bit. Still need exhaust. Added a wee bit of dust and some metallic colour to the fuel tank.

I brought the paint back on the rest of the car but left the roof and trunk partly faded. I believe it gets a bit hot in Cuba by times. ;)

Needed at least a bit of chipping to the front fenders. A lot of playing around to do yet.

Thanks for having a gander.

noname

Reaction score
Thanks Scott. Lots more to come.

Solander

Reaction score
Looks great, man, and the weathering turns out brilliant! Thumbs up!

noname

Reaction score
Thanks Solander. Hopefully have some pictures up soon.

Latest posts