[COMPLETED] Snowspeeder takeoff scene

Re: [WIP]Snowspeeder takeoff scene

I say keep posting the way you have been. Very informative!!

Looks like I've scratched throughout the corners for a new small update, guys :)

The major part of the time from the last one I’ve spent, building a clear case for my diorama.

The case is made of a clear 0.75 mm plastic – Polyethylene terephthalate (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyethylene_terephthalate) mounted on the plastic bathroom equipmental angles 10*10 with the help of ciacrine. I’ve used a black wood-simulating tape on the outer side of the frame to hide my failures during this build – mostly the finger tips with the glue. Here is how it looks:

And here are some little things I’ve made as a part of the dio:

- the gas tanks

- two barrels

- a name plate

- some yet unfinished canisters (still decided to use them on the lower section of the hangar’s workbench for it not to look to empty, but hide over some other stuff)

-and a workbench with an old wearry rocket engine on it, connected to a testing computer

Guess, that is going to be the last update before the photos of the finished dio are published, as only 5 small details are left waiting to be painted and put in place.

Stay tuned ;)

Did you say that this was your first diorama??!!?

Wow man, this is great. Excellent details and that engine is like a cherry on top. SAH-WEEEET!

That's fantastic details, for a sci-fi scene it looks real world. Nothing looks "out of place". Wicked.

Scott Girvan said:
Did you say that this was your first diorama??!!?

Well, the first serious diorama, so to say. With proper detailing, and something complete, not just a coplex stand to show a model. Besides it I've built an AT-ST on Hoth (it was a test of making "snow" for this dio, you can see it several posts ago), and this little scene:

P.S: just forgot, there is a Jabba Palace scene by AMT/Ertl besides them, guess it could be called a dio to. One of the first kits I've ever built.

So, after a good work with the memory, this one could be called both the first and one of many :)

Cool.

What scale is the AT-RT kit? around 1/20?

Yeah, something around that. And it perfectly fits the Hasbro action figures. I'm a long time cultivating plans for a dio with two such walkers, searching for a runaway jedi after the Order 66, and the jedi himself, hiding nearby with a ligtsaber ready to cut some clone heads off.

Hey, Solander. I see you're snowspeeder is very popular here too =)
Any plans to publish the diorama article on the Scalemodels?

I'm totally impressed on your work! Great execution! Love the frosty feeling, you can touch the cold. just great! :D

SooooWeeet !! This Rox ! Great job ... & It's your first Dio ! ....."Impressive ! ...most Impressive ! "

That's Good Stuff !

ERIK

Thank you all for youre kind words, guys!
Sory for a long delay in posting - I've actually taken a short pause modeling and am now degustating beer in Prague :) But, againg, the delay is short))

Little Cutie said:
I'm speechless! How is it possible? You have a shrink ray - right?

Wish I had... Then I would set it to reverce,convert the speeder into a big 1/1 scale version, put an engine inside, and fly by the streets, scarrying dogs and old ladies ;D

Artanizzz said:
Hey, Solander. I see you're snowspeeder is very popular here too =)
Any plans to publish the diorama article on the Scalemodels?

Hey, glad do see You here on SMA! How small is the world indeed!)))
I would really consider the idea of writing an article on this build, esspacially as all the material is allmost in place. Just after the end of February, when the prohibition for dios in "Das is Fantastish" is no longer on. And when I finish it offcoarse=)

Good news, everyone! The project is complete! :)
Phew.. difficult to describe the feeling, when something You've been working on for almost half a year comes to an end)))
Anyway, while I'm processing the final photos, here are a few pics of my latest progress:

Han Solo's dark-blue jacket on the edge of the workbench

A guy with the power-cable

Power battery

Something I'm thinking of a cool-generator, producing a forcefield around wall, that keeps them on the appropriate temperature, so that they don't start to meld and crash on rebels heads

a mysterious device

and a rebel soldier's standard backpack

Finally, the nameplate is placed on the front of the dio's base, like a cherry on top

Congratulations! What an awesome diorama! Looking forward to the final set of photos.

Latest posts

Back