COMPLETED Pz. Kpfw. I Ausf. B

wyoroy

This is Revell/Italaerei's (kit # H-2117) 1/35 Pz. Kpfw. I Ausf. B done in the markings of the Panzer Regiment 25, XV panzer Corps, Panzer Group "Kleist" 4 Armee, Hrg. B Western Somme (France) 10-6-1940.

It was done with Model Master Enamel #2094 Schwarzgrau '39-'43. Dry brushed with lightened coats of the base coat. I applied a wash of burnt umber and a mix of pigments. The tracks were sprayed a rust color for a base then a coat of flat black. The high parts of the track was highlighted with a #2 pencil along with the teeth on the drive sprocket. It was flat coated overall with Alclad II Klear Kote Flat ALC 314.

Questions, comments and suggestions are welcomed. Now I need to figure out how to take better pictures.

PzKpfwIAusfB001.jpg

PzKpfwIAusfB002.jpg

PzKpfwIAusfB003.jpg

PzKpfwIAusfB004.jpg

PzKpfwIAusfB005.jpg

PzKpfwIAusfB006.jpg

PzKpfwIAusfB007.jpg

PzKpfwIAusfB008.jpg

PzKpfwIAusfB009.jpg

PzKpfwIAusfB010.jpg

ROY,

Lookin' Good !! I really dig th wash ! It really PoPs ! Dig th Drybrushing !! It's a lost art it seems ! I think this Lil Panzer is Smokin !! Great Job !!

Th pix look good .... save a couple , but still Lookin Good al th way around !!

\m/

LOOKS GREAT! Love the early blitz panzers from the "happy times".

Thanks guys. I like the dry brushing also. Being my second armor kit I'm still learning things.

ROY,

Whether it's your second kit or 40 something kit .... I've been building Armor for years & I'm constantly learning New Techniques !! I love it ! It keeps th wheels turnin' ! You should never stop learnin' !!

As a former middle school math teacher I never stop learning ;D perhaps it's me but I think armor may be a bit harder to get a realistic finish.

ROY,

Congrats to being a teacher !! Just keep gettin it ! I too sometimes struggle with trying to obtain a realistic finish on Armor/Armor related.

\m/

Latest posts

Back