COMPLETED: Link's PBY

ShutterAce

Just in time! :p

During WW2 Richard Dunnette Link trained in PBY's at Corpus Christi and later flew PBM's operationally in the pacific. Monday will be his 91st birthday. I'll be delivering this to his daughter tomorrow afternoon.

I made sure it was well used. A lot of training aircraft were leftovers and showed lots of wear. The blue gray topsides used on this PBY, and many other aircraft, was especially prone to wear. That was the look I was going for and I think I pulled it off pretty well. This is the Revell reissue of the Monogram 1/48 kit.

I really love the looks of the PBY!

web_DSCF0491.jpg

web_DSCF0493.jpg

The decals were old but they were all I had. :-\
web_DSCF0486.jpg

web_DSCF0501.jpg

web_DSCF0480.jpg

Slideshow:
http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j370/ShutterAce/Scale%20Models/Link%20PBY/?albumview=slideshow

Oh boy. Jim
That turned out, fantastic.
I'll be sure to check out the slide show.
Thanks for taking the time to share this, and
the story that goes along with it.

Very nice mate, ýou are going to make an old man very happy on his birthday this year.

rookie said:
ýou are going to make an old man very happy on his birthday this year.

Indeed! PB'licious work!
You've added fuel to the fire of wanting to build one.

very nice, very nice ;D this reminds me of call od duty 5 world at war black cats :D

Nice one Jim ,she came out great mate :) Im sure the new owner will be well pleased with it . Great stuff mate ;)

Chris.

Nice job on the PBY Jim. The finish turned out great.

Hey Guys, thanks for the kudos. It was very well received. Tribute builds are quite enjoyable and enlightening. Even more so when you actually get to shake the hand of the person himself. If you ever get the chance do not pass it up. ;)

Latest posts

Back