[COMPLETED] Italeri 1/48 Chinook HC.1 CH-47 Part 1

Re: Italeri 1/48 Chinook HC.1 CH-47 Part 1

Are the new pictures hosted somewhere? Cuz I can only see the old ones, I can't see the new ones???

Anyone? Having the same issue?

Elm City Hobbies said:
That depends on how you are displaying it of course......

Ummm.... built?

;D

Elm City Hobbies said:
Chinook D is 99ft from rotor tip to tip front to back.

I didn't scale it down from the real thing, I looked online at reviews of the kits because I don't know how accurate either Manufacturer got it. Everything I found said the 1/48 kits fuselage length was 13.38" (340mm) and the 1/35 kits fuselage was 17.40" (442mm)...

and I really wasn't talking about display space at all, otherwise I would have mentioned it's width or it's square footage as well since that is just as important to consider. I was merely saying that IMO the difference between 1/35 and 1/48 isn't humongous. Even using your figures, does 9" really push you over the edge? What is the width, 5"... 6" inches wider?

schweinhund227 said:
Are the new pictures hosted somewhere?

Yes, they are.

Right clicking on the picture shows the address and that they are hosted in the same place as all the other pictures in the thread.

I had to go on another PC to view the pictures...??? Still don't know why !

anyway ! The Paint job looks amazing.... and the overall build is really cool ! I have a few of those gals
in 72nd. but the extra details in the 48th makes me want one....

the 35th.... would be cool to ! but I would have to store the rotors .... Too bad they don't Fold !

Anyway.... good job on that big Bird.... Nice touch from ITALERI to put in the box a set of Canadian Decals... but how current are those decals? cuz we got rid of our Chinooks in the early 90's... and just pass a contract to buy "brand new F's Models" from the Yanks... so ! is this bird current or from the 90's and can they represent the D models we leased last Year and will be leaving behind in Afg. ?

Let me know !

See ya !

Norm.

I don't think we will be leaving the D's behind, and I don't believe they were leased. I believe they were incentive for us to buy the F's, and will go back to the US when the F's start getting delivered. So they will come back to Canada once we pull out next summer.

Between the Chinooks, Griffons and the Mi-17s seems we have quite the helo force over there.

I never put alot of faith in media reports, as they always spin it to suit their needs, truth be-damned.

When they signed the contract for the F's, part of the agreement was the 6 D's for Afghanistan, it was always the intention to return the D's when they were done in Afghanistan for the F's.....in all likelyhood they will end up being refurbed into F's, and could very well end up back in our hands when our F's are delivered.

Its just like the CBC report about CDN pilots flying the Mi-17s. We have long leased Mi-8s from Skylink out of Toronto, but they have only been flying cargo and no troops, and flown by Skylink pilots. Now there is a report that we have actually leased/bought Russian Mi-17s, being flown by our own pilots hauling troops. Its not really new news, but the CBC is blowing it up asking why we are spending the money on the new Chinooks when these Mi-17s are much, much cheaper, and the pilots seems to like them.

Big thing...the Chinooks will be brand new, not used like the Mi-17s, and the Mi-17 isn't even in the same class of helo as the Chinooks is, as it is only a Med Lift helo, and the Chinook is a heavy lift. Not to mention the availability of spare parts.

Thanks for the very nice feedback. Next update will be ready on Sunday.

By the way - the Canadian version is a CH-147, No. 450 Sqn., Edmonton 2004. It is a 2 color camo (FS34102 medium green and FS35237 medium grey). This version looks very good, too.

The 1/35 Chinook was slightly to big for my glass cabinet - 1/48 fits perfect ;-) I think I will give the 1/35 a try, too - perfect christmas present to myself ;-).

Looks great Steve.

The nice thing about giving yourself a Christmas present, you're never going to get knit wool socks or a tie.

Hi,

I trust all of you had a wonderful and relaxing Christmas time!

Today I have finalized my Chinook build and I wanted to share the latest pictures with you.

Hope you like it!

chinook_final_1.jpg

chinook_final_2.jpg

chinook_final_3.jpg

chinook_final_4.jpg

chinook_final_5.jpg

chinook_final_6.jpg

chinook_final_7.jpg

chinook_final_8.jpg

chinook_final_9.jpg

chinook_final_10.jpg

Thanks for watching!

Steve

P.s. My next project is a Sd.Kfz 251/16 Ausf. C Flammpanzerwagen (Dragon 1/35)

That turned out fantastic Steve. Solid build. :)

wow! Wow! WOW! Steve! My goodness! This is Great! Superb work!

Any pointers? About the kit? With and without P.E.!

Thanks!

Norm.

Thank you very much for your nice feedback.

I have used two PE kits from Eduard interior kit FE421 and the Eduard exterior kit 48601. Tamiya, Vallejo and Alclad paints are the basis for the paint job and the entire model was weathered with the Promodeller wash. Fuel stains and streaks were made with oil paints and white spirit.

It was a great build I had almost no problems while building. Parts are mostly very detailed - in some areas I have added some brass wire to make the kit look more realistic. Instructions are easy to read and you have tons of options. The decals are very thin and with a setting solution they go on easily.

I have enjoyed every moment of the build and I think I will build another one in the near future!

Steve

What a superb finished model, very nice indeed! 8)

what a fanstastic chopper
the weathering is just right, and the detail is superb
ill be waiting for your flammpanzer

get in the choppa! :)

I must agree with the above comments, this has turned out absolutely great, very nice finish.

A stunning model for sure, congrats on some very impressive work.

8)

wOw! This is awesome. Excellent build! - and in the gallery now too.

Thank you very much for your kind words!

@ Scott - Thank you very much for putting the build into gallery!!

Steve

Latest posts

Back