[COMPLETED] Italeri 1/48 Chinook HC.1 CH-47 Part 1

Steve_L

Hi guys,

Sorry for the very late update... the last weeks have been pretty tough and I found barely time for modelling.

In this post I will show you some pictures of the sprues and the additional parts I will use. Furthermore I add some pics of the first steps of the build.

ch1.JPG

ch2.JPG

ch3.JPG

ch4.JPG

ch5.JPG

ch6.JPG

ch7.JPG

ch8.JPG

Re: Italeri 1/48 Chinook HC.1 CH-47 Part 2

chb1.JPG

chb2.JPG

chb3.JPG

chb4.JPG

chb5.JPG

chb6.JPG

chb8.JPG

chb9.JPG

Tomorrow I will finalize the cockpit section and add some additional instruments to the dashboard.
Pictures will be online by Monday.

Once again sorry for the delayed update!

Steve

Re: Italeri 1/48 Chinook HC.1 CH-47 Part 1

How do you paint these bits so cleanly?
I'd love to see a short vid of how you go about doing this. I think this is one of the things that sets a good model from an average one.
chb8.JPG

Nice start Steve! Great work on the details in the cockpit! :)

She is going to be a big gal!

Nice seeing you working on her....

Looking forward to your next update.

Norm

Out

Awesome, I've been thinking about getting one of these, nice to see Canadian markings in the box. Is the PE from several Eduard sets or just one?

Nice. Great details.

looks really nice i am jelous i want one lol

All I can say is WOW!

Any idea on your paint/decal scheme?

My god!!! My job is killing me at the moment!! But finally I found some time to build and to post an update and answer all your questions.

@ TheJackal: I paint these small bits with a very soft brush and I use the dry-brush technique. I have painted the red buttons with a very fine brush I believe it is a 000 brush.

I would love to make a video but I am not sure if my old cam will do it. But I will give it a try ;-)

@Ferris828 For the paint scheme I have choosen the British version of the Chinook the one with the big Union Jack.

@Carsenault I am using the Eduard interior kit FE421 and the Eduard exterior kit 48601.

chinook1.jpg

chinook2.jpg

chinook3.jpg

chinook4.jpg

chinook5.jpg

chinook6.jpg

and more pictures...

chinook8.jpg

chinook12.jpg

chinook13.jpg

chinook14.jpg

chinook11.jpg

chinook17.jpg

chinook15.jpg

chinook16.jpg

I hope you have enjoyed the update.

Steve

Awesome work!
Can't wait to see that big 'Jack' on the sides!

Nice cockpit.... Looking forward to see what you will come up with
For the rest of the cabin..... Great work!

Norm.

I gotta agree with the other guys, great work.

Very nice, camo looks good as do the decals.

8)

I have been wanting the 1/35 Chinook for some time but this looks sweet.

Firstly I wanted the 1/35 Chinook D from Trumpeter - than I saw the size of the Trumpeter kit ::)

This kit is really good, even oob. All the parts are nicely detailed and the decal sheet is just amazing - on the sheet are 6 different Chinook versions.

Royal Air Force. Falkland Islands 1982
Royal Air Force "Britforleb" Lebanon 1984
Canadian Armed Forces 2004
Italian Army Nassirya 2005
Royal Australian Air Force
US Army "Geronimo" 1976

Steve_L said:
Firstly I wanted the 1/35 Chinook D from Trumpeter - than I saw the size of the Trumpeter kit ::)

The difference between 1/48 and 1/35 isn't really that big though? The Chinook in 1/48 should be around 13+ inches long, in 1/35 it should be around 17+ inches long.

Considering that everything I have in my stash, like figures/supplies/vehicles that I would use in a base/vignette is in 1/35, it just makes sense for me.

ScaleModelMadman said:
Steve_L said:

The difference between 1/48 and 1/35 isn't really that big though? The Chinook in 1/48 should be around 13+ inches long, in 1/35 it should be around 17+ inches long.

Considering that everything I have in my stash, like figures/supplies/vehicles that I would use in a base/vignette is in 1/35, it just makes sense for me.

That depends on how you are displaying it of course......Chinook D is 99ft from rotor tip to tip front to back.

That works out to about 34" at 1/35, and 24 3/4" at 1/48

Latest posts

Back