Krylon Matte Aluminum overall with Mike Grant Decals

photobucket-12697-1338176777872.jpg

photobucket-33902-1338176835458.jpg

photobucket-6949-1338176911634.jpg

photobucket-7978-1338176943570.jpg

photobucket-22570-1338176976737.jpg

photobucket-32551-1338176878184.jpg

Enjoy!

Another sweet finish Jim , She looks great . Nice to see some different markings too :)

Chris.

You threw me off with the title, was expecting something with Canadian markings... lol.
Great job, nice attrention to detail too. Most ppl get the gear doors wrong when the flaps are up, the inner doors should be up too just like you have it.

Thanks MJ!

Thanks Chris! One thing about NMF is that they lack color. This one doesn't. ;D

Sorry Carsenault, didn't mean to fool you! :p i usually do flaps and doors down but the red stripes on the wings are one piece and I wasn't sure exactly where to cut them so I took the easy way out. LOL :D

Thanks GF, The Krylon does go down well as long as it is mixed well. I decant it from the spray can but only after I shake it for a few minutes. It's really thin and if not mixed well you get too much carrier which creates "crazing" in the finish.

Really, you didn't just spray it out of the can? I would think that would be the way to go with the stuff. I know de-canting the paint then AB it gives you more control but did you let the paint sit for 20-30 minutes for the propellent to leach out? Usually you need to add a little thinner of some sort (I'm thinking lacquer thinner) to help smooth the paint out so it's not so thick through the nozzle.

No, I just decant it and spray it right away. It's real thin at this point. I'm thinking in 30 minutes the stuff would dry out. I don't know that for sure though. And as far as letting the propellents leaching out goes does anyone have any proof that the propellants remain in the paint after they leave the nozzle? I'm not saying they don't I just can't see how that would happen. I would expect the gas to separate from the liquid once it leaves the nozzle. ???

I really like that Silver finish! Nicely done! The Decant idea is great! I might use that if I ever have to paint a bare metal bird in the Future?

You are back on top of your game! Keep up the good work!

"CAF" had me thinking..... did some reading! Had no idea the Chinese were flying those!

Take care!

Great job Jim. It's good to see you're workbench clearing, looking forward with what you're going to do with that free space. ;D

Jason

Truly impressive, Jim... and the unusual touch of the China markings adds a cool & distinctive change to the model, man... :)

Cheers
RG

Nice looking Chinese Mustang. The paintjob...bare metal...turned out great. Very well done build.
Bill

Now that is one sweet 'Stang!

I don't think we see too many P-51 models in Chinese livery's huh? This one
is a rare 'un! ;D

Latest posts

Back