Company review: Internet Hobbies

smokeriderdon

So, I placed an order at http://www.internethobbies.com/ for some painted pe stuff for the F4 I am building. I placed the order last sun, 31 May. I paid for priority shipping as I really wanted to get going on this one. I still have not received my items.

So I started calling them Wed. I have called a number of times and always get the message machine. I have left three messages. I have received NO RETURN CALL. There are no updates on the site, just that order was received. This is NOT acceptable at all.

I highly recommend against using this site. At minimum I should have received at least an email response after 3 messages left.

This is the email I sent last night:

Hello.

I am writing in regards to order 192176. I placed this order on the 31st of May. I paid for priority mail. I have not received my order. Nor has a status or tracking number been posted to this order.

Also, I have called several times and left three messages. I have NOT received a return phone call or any indication at all that anyone there is paying a lick of attention to the phone lines or messages. I have ordered from a number of modeling companies and never had issues like this.

I want a refund of my shipping charges. I want my items, or a refund for them as well. I want an answer to this by tomorrow (Mon June 8) COB, or I will contact Bank of America to reverse the charges. I WILL be posting my thoughts about your company and the total lack of service I have received on model boards and Face Book.

Donald Dickson

This was the reply I got today:

We are canceling your order and refunded your money. We do not appreciate threats. Also please be advised that I personally check
phone messages and have not received one from you. We are not open Friday and the weekend.

Anything unjustly put on message boards and Facebook are pursued by our Legal Dept. because most of these are from competitors or
someone thinking they will get something for nothing.

Sooooo, their idea of a response is to call me a liar, accuse me of being a competitor or someone trying to rip them off and threaten me. Unreal.

Wow, great customer service there! I know I certainly wouldn't be in business long treating my customers like that.

I say post away, if they want to go through the expense of lawyers and such, have at it, but keep all your correspondence to and from them just in case.

They can't use the threat of a lawsuit to muzzle customer opinions of their service.

This is quite odd and I suspect that there was a miscommunication issue. I've ordered from Internet Hobbies several times in the past with no issues at all. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you this time. It sounds like both sides of this review are both confused and unhappy. :-[

I don't think there is any confusion at all, at least not on the customer's part, other than "where's my order"

He placed it on a Sunday night, by Wed. they still hadn't shipped it, and for the following 3 days he tried e-mailing and calling with no response.

Fine they are closed on Fridays and the weekends, they had 4 other days to either send the order, or reply back to the customer. Not rocket science, just crappy customer service!

I have posted this short complaint on as many modeling sites as I can find:

I have made 5 orders since April 29 for 10 kits. I have received 5 of the kits. I'm surprised I got any!!!!
I have contacted them by phone, message & 15+emails for the past 2 months requesting a refund, and get no response.
They have ripped me off for over $300 in kits.
I have filed a complaint with the BBB, PA Attorney General, PA State Representative, Consumer Affairs, AND the FBI, but don't expect it will do any good. At least I'll get satisfaction of knowing that I have cost them WAY more than $300 in lost sales!!!
If anybody out there knows another way to get them to respond, or someone else to file complaints with please inform me @ [email protected].
I don't intend to lose $300 to these thieves!!!

There seems to be many complaints about this seller.
I do realize that shipping had been an issue due to the virus, & they have used this in their website as an excuse, but I have since placed [and received] many overseas orders since I bought from these people.
The least they could do is answer my requests in a reasonable time.

Any advice as to how I can proceed would be greatly appreciated.

Yep ,
BTW , I'm not laughing at people getting screwed , just that it's been going on for so long .
I've read about them in other forums also .

Back in early 2023, I did get a compensation check from the lawsuit against Internet Hobbies. Not the full amount but I’ll take anything. The letter did mention I may get the rest of my refund but I’m not concerned about it.
I’m just glad the Pennsylvania State District Attorney finally got the hammer down on these guys. They also ran under other bogus hobby stores.

Latest posts

Back