COMMISSION: 1/2256 Avenger and Acclamator

ALMOST got all the work done I wanted to this weekend. Finished the fiber optics! Next up is mounting them to the LEDs!

acc_imag0302.jpg

acc_imag0295.jpg

acc_imag0296.jpg

acc_imag0297.jpg

acc_imag0301.jpg

Hmm ,
I've haven't dealt with fiber-optic yet .

Why do you weave it like that ?
You need to cut-off the loops , Yeah ?

Yup, loop it so it stays in place until I can glue it then yup, trim them after I do the paint coats (but before the clear coat)

Seems like it would generate a lot of waste fall-off using that method :-\

Carry On

;D

Not so much, just maybe 1" or so per 2 windows. In the long run the method is way easier for me. Gluing them in one by one just seems too tedious. Also, as a rule of thumb, I generally make each loop piece twice as long as where I would need to mount it, OR twice the length of the ship. That way I know that there will be enough. (I also got some super awesome bulk pricing for my fiber so loosing 10% for a job is OK with me)

I'm using Mod Podge for this build, but I typically use standard white glue. Once the fibers are threaded I apply the glue on the inside, give it a sec, then slowly pull the fiber back and forth to build the glue up on the strand. That way it fills the gap between the drilled hole and strand better, too.

Closed up the hulls! Turns out only 2 LEDs were needed for the fiber so now I have extra for another project. The seam is a little wobbly still and needs more clamping — not to mention detailing all around — but it’s finally looking like an Acclamator! Next up is the extra greeblie phase.

acc_imag0306.jpg

acc_imag0309.jpg

acc_imag0323.jpg

acc_imag0324.jpg

acc_imag0325.jpg

acc_imag0317.jpg

acc_imag0334.jpg

;D ;D Nice !

What type - power / shape - LEDs did you use ?
I assume you have them ' plumbed ' equally ?

Very nice work here. Interesting technique with the fiber. There is a lot of it stuffed in there.

These are really looking great- looking forward to seeing the Acclimator painted in Republic colors!
Are you planning an aztec sorta thing?

HUUUUUUUUUGGE UPDATE!!!!!!!! All the detail parts are done. All the little extra greeblies and vinyl panels are on.

acc_imag0388.jpg

acc_imag0444.jpg

acc_imag0507.jpg

acc_imag0629.jpg

acc_imag1307.jpg

acc_imag1349.jpg

acc_imag1386.jpg

acc_imag1435.jpg

acc_imag1443.jpg

The whole thing was primed black then hit with a base coat of Royal Light Gray. It actually looks darker in these pics than it actually is.

acc_imag1445.jpg

acc_imag1448.jpg

acc_imag1496.jpg

Now I’m in the process of MASKING before the next layer of paint goes on.

acc_imag1561.jpg

Huh. I quick post vanished.

That looks AMAZING!
Great greebelfication and I'm SO stealing the look of those paint masks for my 2256th projects!

Inspiring, as always

Latest posts

Back