Combine gunship

So.... this thing looks really rough and organic.
Is it supposed to be some sort of bio-mechanical thing?

ModelMakerMike:

Sorry i thought i had answered this for you earlier. ???

Yes you are right it is bio-mechanical gunship, in half life 2 a race called the combine basically take over a planet or dimension and combine their technology with whatever living creatures they find useful on that planet.
At one point in the game you can hit it with a crowbar and the skin is like organic metal.

No Problem, Java... As a matter of fact, I just now went and check to see if you did answer....
The only I answer I got was which game it's from. :)
As usual, you are goin' to town!!!
I am sure it will look fabulous!
;D ;D ;D

Amazing things just keep turn in up ;D Nice lookin build thus far.

Grendels ,ModelMakerMike ,bdr65

Thank you!

Ok on to the paint.
Started with a dark brown all over the body

DSCF4440Large.jpg
DSCF4441Large.jpg

Painted the under body with antique white.
I did have more images of the white being layered but computer decided to eat them. ???

DSCF4442Large.jpg

Next up was the tail.

DSCF4444Large.jpg
DSCF4445Large.jpg
DSCF4446Large.jpg

DSCF4453Large.jpg

Painted the camo pattern with a dark green then dry brushed over the dark green a few time with a lighter green each time to get the layered look.

DSCF4454Large.jpg
DSCF4455Large.jpg
DSCF4456Large.jpg
DSCF4468Large.jpg

A bit of a weird thing to do whilst in the middle of painting but i wasn't happy with the side of the gunship near the eye section,it just did not look right,too thin so i filled it out a little bit.

DSCF4461Large.jpg

hell yeah man. the painting will really make this beast shine...nice call on the antique white layer.

Thanks everyone!. :)

Painted the gun.

DSCF4466Large.jpg
DSCF4467Large.jpg

First i drew around a paint lid to get a circle then i drew in with pencil the combine insignia.

DSCF4470Large.jpg
DSCF4471Large.jpg

I got to that point in painting in the above image and realized that the insignia was to low on the body :( so i repainted that part of the body and made sure this time that it was in the right spot before applying any red.

DSCF4472Large.jpg
DSCF4473Large.jpg

DSCF4475Large.jpg

Now that it has all dried i have reapplied more of the blue foil and attached the gun and the other things underneath.

DSCF4481Large.jpg
DSCF4482Large.jpg
DSCF4483Large.jpg
DSCF4484Large.jpg
DSCF4485Large.jpg

DSCF4486Large.jpg
DSCF4487Large.jpg

Painted the eye's a metallic blue, a little clean up and a little weathering and it should be all done.

DSCF4480Large.jpg

nicholassagan ,Grendels ,Quaralane:

Thanks again gentlemen!.

Finished the base yesterday, i did a sort of force perspective base.

I've gone for a mini street scene.
A wooden chopping board with a hole drilled in the middle to hole the rod that will hold the gunship up.
Used some old bits and pieces to make a demolished building

DSCF4489Large.jpg
DSCF4509Large.jpg

I used the people from the old gigantics kits rearranged some of there arm positions and gave them some guns.

DSCF4490Large.jpg

From left to right the first two people are the good guys,barney the police guy and a black mesa rebel,then the next two are headcrab zombies and the rest are combine soldiers

DSCF4504Large.jpg

I had to get D.O.G the robot on the base somewhere so i built a 2inch scale version.

DSCF4492Large.jpg
DSCF4493Large.jpg

Latest posts

Back