Cold & Miserable from equally Cold & Mirserable Victoria, AUS

benjzet

Good Morning All,
Names Benjamin-

Been war-gaming since I was 7 years old with my grandfather. He went on a trip to England for business & for Christmas, he came home with, SpaceCrusade & all the expansions (i still own it all + a second set) & rogue trader (also still own + his copy)... I still play these two games every now and then when I want a trip down memory lane.

My first experience with scale modelling was about age 12 when my grandfather and I built a DS9 Runabout (turned out to be built well & painted really shitty!! lol, first try) & then onto the Bismarck, sorted killed the interest right there, we did promise each other to finish it one day, that was before he got cancer & eventually passed away.

So now,
I am a newly married man with a lovely chinese filipino mix girl who supports my hobby, has no interest in helping or having a go herself (yet!! --she is warned--) but happy to watch me while she edit's photo's & video's (handy having a professional photographist around the house).

So, I brought my first model kit, a Tamiya Toyota Celica GT-Four.

Before I build it though, I am needing some guidance, can I buy custom parts for this kit? including wheels/rims/body-kit/spoiler/engine stuff etc...

When I have everything, I will post a build log, also to get help along the way. The second kit I will be building will be a model airplane for the first time ever!!

Car then plane, might go a truck next, either a Mack of peterbilt (the truck my dad drives), would love to do a motorcycle, triumph tiger (classic, also a bike my dad use to own before it was stolen!!).

Any way,
Enough rambling from me,

Look forward to the help/comments.

Thank you & have a great day.

Hello and welcome!

Pay attention to the wheels when you buy after market. Tamiya wheels are not the same as wheels here in the USA where Pegausus hobbies is. I found this out the hard way.

Tamiya wheels use ploycaps to hold them in place while american models use steel wire. So check the back of the wheel before buying or ask if they will fit on a Tamiya kit.

Hey All,
Thank you for the information & help,

I have ordered some tires that are tamiya compatible, including an exhaust kit & spoiler + some wire for the engine and plastic card 0.01mm? thin stuff, lol...

Once it arrives, I cannot wait to move to my home and setup (which will be very shortly).

Then build log with lots of photo's.

Thank You,
- Benjamin.

Latest posts

Back