Classic Airframes Fairey Gannet 48 scale

Hey Wayne,
Just getting caught up on your thread. Wow, I was amazed that wing was warped that much. Tons of moulded in stress or the like I guess. Good to hear you've got the one wing beat, is the other just as bad?

The cockpits look great. Really looking forward to your next update.

Yes JMac, the other wing is just as bad. I will just use the Tamiya glue for the outer parts of the wing and when I get to the inner part, I will use like the last time Tamiya glue the reinforce it with super glue.

Hey Wayne, cockpit is looking good! Sounds like you have the warping under control. One question........where would you put R2?

ModelFreak72 said:
Hey Wayne, cockpit is looking good! Sounds like you have the warping under control. One question........where would you put R2?

Well there is 3 cockpits.

Very nice Wayne ! ...worth the wait on those belts :D Looks good .

Chris.

Now comes the fun part, getting all the interior parts in the fuselage. Does anyone know how to grow a third arm temporarily? No mad scientist in our group here? Darn. Here are some pics of my progress. The first pic is of some of the weights that I have super glued onto the wheel well. I have glued the back wall of the middle cockpit to the fuselage to help put the cockpits in place.

All comments are welcome.

fuselage1.jpg

fuselage2.jpg

fuselage4.jpg

fuselage5.jpg

Nice ...wont be long till you get her zipped up :)

Chris.

Great work on the cockpits Wayne, soon you'll have the fuselage closed. Tons of separate spaces in there, cockpits, and bays. Are you planning to have an open weapon bay? With torpedo?

JMac said:
Great work on the cockpits Wayne, soon you'll have the fuselage closed. Tons of separate spaces in there, cockpits, and bays. Are you planning to have an open weapon bay? With torpedo?

I don't believe there is an aftermarket set for the weapons bay. To scratch build is beyond my means right now. Way tooo much work. I am going to be lucky to get the parts that I have in, in the right order and lined up. The plastic is also way too thick to just open up. I would probably have to scratch the bay doors also. So after all that my answer to your question is NO!!!! ;D It would be nice but not on this one.

Understandable. There is a ton of cool stuff you could do with a subject like the Gannet.

How's the Gannet going Wayne? Just checking, haven't seen any new posts for a while...

Having a hard time getting the fuselage to fit together properly. The IP doesn't want to sit nice. Have to do some trimming. I knew going into the build there was going to be issues with the fit.

Latest posts

Back