Classic Airframes Fairey Gannet 48 scale

Good start Wayne ... Looks like some nice detail in there .

Chris.

Spent almost 1.5 hours sanding the inside of one wing to try to get the trailing edge close together. Still some work to be done to get it closer. Sand, sand, sand. I think I am going to need some more sanding sticks by the time the wings are done.

Stick a bit of wet & dry to a flat bench and rub the wing on that ,it will give you a nice flat surface without too much effort ;)

Chris.

WayneBt said:
yes it is a counter-rotating prop.

they are actually called "Contra rotating props." counter rotating props are like what the P-38 Lightning had, a prop per engine, but they rotated opposite of each other to help reduce or eliminate torque and P Factor. Contra rotating props usually share the same shaft and engine, and rotate in opposite directions, this is done to make the prop more efficient, as the engine becomes more powerful, a bigger and faster spinning prop is needed to absorb the power to create thrust, as the blades get longer and spin faster (usually get longer) the tips of the prop begin to break the sound barrier, and they become less and less efficient. the Contra rotating prop allows two smaller props, with shorter blades, making them more efficient at absorbing the engines extra power, and like counter rotating props, i think they also help a little at reducing P factor and Torque issues.

this build is coming along quite nicely, keep it up, lots of cool detail here!

Thanks ACE for the disambiguation !

it's a mouthful anyway.... but a good point.. sounds similar but not fully the same thing !!!

This kit is gonna be a sweet addition to your collection Wayne

the kit came with Resin...??? wow ! looking forward to your next Update !

Sweet,

Looking forward to seeing this play out. I love the look of this plane...so different from the usual.

Jeff

Can I put my plane in as an X-wing too? ;D The wings are slightly warped. I am sanding the trailing edge to get them looking reasonable. The middle cockpit is coming along nicely I think.

As always all comments are welcome.

wing1.jpg

middle2.jpg

middle1.jpg

Ooo, nice warp! :-X I'm sure you get her together! Your middle cockpit is looking great! Keep it going!! ;)

WOW thats some gap in the wings :eek: Have you tried setting them in some warm water ?

Cockpit is looking good ;)

Chris.

na... he just needs some aves apoxie sculpt, sure his wings may look really thick at the tip, but it will fill in that massive gap due too the wing warping.

let me guess, this aircraft does not have control surfaces, its a wing warper, right...? LOL!

keep up the good work bud, i am sure you will find a solution.

I am just going to use some clamps and glue sections. The cockpit has been put aside as I have to wait for the PE seatbelts to arrive. I ordered them from Scott at Elm City Hobbies. When they arrive I will drive up and get them then I can start to close up the fuselage. In the mean time I am working on the wings and the spinner and props. Lots of stuff to work on.

That cockpit looks great! I wouldn't worry about you x-wing. Little glue and clamps will sort that out.

Well I have one wing to together. I know am trying to figure out how to strengthen the the joint when I put the wings on. It is mainly a but joint and the wing is hollow so not much surface to join together. For the horizontal stabs I drilled 2 holes in the tail and am going to use wires for the added strength. I will have some pictures soon.

Thanks,
Wayne

Latest posts

Back