Classic Airframes Fairey Gannet 48 scale

WayneBt

Well my track record for finishing a build is pretty bad. This one is going to be finished! Six months is a decent time frame for me to finish a kit. So without further rambling here is my entry into this GB. It is Classic Airframes 48 scale Fairey Gannet. I am going to do it in West German Navy markings in the early 80's. MFG 3 is the unit.

boxcover.jpg

looks like it will be interesting. is that prop with them 2 prop thingys

Nice ;D...I love the ugly ole bird ...looking forward to it ;)

Chris.

Ohh nice choice for the GB WayneBT. Another cool project. And yet another thread that I will have to keep an eye on instead of building mine ;D

WayneBT, are you planning to build it with the wings folded? Gannets have that crazy "z" wing fold, that would be cool...

Nice pick Wayne!! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it!! ;)

JMac said:
WayneBT, are you planning to build it with the wings folded? Gannets have that crazy "z" wing fold, that would be cool...

No wing fold. TOOOOO much work there.

Wayne - is that typical of a Classic Airframes kit? or was that a "limited edition" or the like?

Looks like nice castings however.

JMac said:
Wayne - is that typical of a Classic Airframes kit? or was that a "limited edition" or the like?

Looks like nice castings however.

Yes it is typical of Classic Airframes. They have resin for the cockpit area and landing gear bays . This is the third kit of theirs that I have attempted. I finished the Vampire earlier in the year.

Painted the resin for the cockpit areas ( there are 3 cockpits) and the wheel wells and the plastic pieces for the cockpit. Glued 2 of the resin pieces for the pilots cockpit. Test fit, sure enough for a CA kit, instructions are vague, plus my idiocy, put the resin in the wrong spot. DOH!!!! Popped the pieces off and moved it and glued it again. Will post some pics tomorrow when I get some details painted. They are now just a dark gray color.

Great choice..., and look at ALLLLL that resin. Gonna need cast iron landing gears to hold that thing up. Can't wait to see this built up, I've never worked a Classic Airframes kit before.
Good luck!

Latest posts

Back