Char B1 bis * FINISHED *

Re: Char B1 bis

Shes a beauty Wouter, very nice and subtle weathering great job.

This is looking like a winner

This is just great. I like the coulour and I love the chipping :)

fellas, thanks for all those great comments! :)

Well, my son was born on Sunday April 17th, so I have 10 days fathers leave...of course this means helping my wife and such, but it also means I have some spare modelling time ;D. So, a couple of sessions later the hull looks already a bit different than before

Cheers

First of all Congratulations man. Second man it looks better and better evry time :)

Congrats on the new addition to the family buddy may you have many sleepless nights from now on :p lol

This has to be your best yet old chap the weathering is spot on in my books how much more have you got left to do?

Dan b

thanks a lot guys

Sleepless nights, well that's alright, the little chap sleeps quite well and mum breastfeeds so dads nights are fairly good ;D

Dan, about things more to do...not too much, but still a way to go: jack supports need to be painted, final touch ups using dust and oil stains here and there, chains and a box need to be painted and weathered, some tarps will be added and the turret will need weathering as well. Tracks need to be done too...so you see, far from finished :D

Cheers

Glad to hear things are going well with your baby, glad to see it's not getting in the way of your modelling!

Keep it coming look forward to seeing it finished up soon

fellas, many thanks for the congrats and great responses, pleased that you like it :)

Got some more OPR sessions behind me, the turret is weathered, but much more restrained. I also weathered the tracks using pigments, MIG oil and grease mixture and some oils

I think the tracks need some more weathering, not sure. Very glad that the deadline has moved a bit btw, in that way I don't need to rush things, which never is a good thing anyway

Cheers

I hate you
I hate you
I hate you

But seriously man you did some magnificent job. I love it.

Top notch Wouter, nice finish

I think the tracks look great as they are, but its your build....!

thanks a lot guys, always nice to read such awesome comments :)

I added some details to the char: chains on the back are in place (real pain in the but...don't get how people can paint those metal chains decently without accidently chipping off some flakes of paint :shock: . The jerrycans are painted and weathered and glued in place, as well as the frontal additional armor in the form of spare track

slowly getting to the finish line. Need to add some pigments here and there, weather the chains a bit more and try to make a tarp on the engine deck work out

normally I should get it finished before the deadline of June 20th :D

Cheers

Latest posts

Back