Char B1 bis * FINISHED *

Re: Char B1 bis

Both of you Johns ;D : thanks fellas ^^

Couple of fellow modellers pointed out that the messed up '2' and chips were a bit too much...had to agree and repainted the left panel today. I also sprayed the tracks in their basecoat

I think it looks much better now :)

Cheers

Love it love it love it :D

Dan B

Yeah cool, but I still like the 'Tiger Claw Scratch' on the old one!

Leighbo and Dan, thanks fellas

John, thanks bud, I guess you were one of the few who liked it. I did like those paintchips on their own, but felt they were a bit out of place and drew attention to a messed up area :)

warped one: thanks mate!

Well, the fun has started for me! Weathering is something which I enjoy most. First step was a pinwash. Must say it was a bit of uncharted territory for me since I never did that before on a flat finish. Worked out ok and it gives already a dusty appearance. After that I painted the tools and glued them in place

Cheers

stunning work fella the tools look so damn real :eek:

Dan B

John, and Dan, thanks a lot buds!

Last couple of days I was busy painting and masking the exhaust system. Initial mud and dust deposits were put i place as well. I ended up with some tide marks, but that shouldn't be too visible when finished

Call me crazy but I even started adding mud to the inside of the drive sprockets...none of that will be visible afterwards ;D

Cheers

Nice update Wouter, good choice of kit too you can really show off your painting and weathering skills.

Look forward to seeing more

That tank is boss. Never seen this model before, and you're making it look really, really cool. Your paint chipping is awesome!

Absolutely stunning. I would not be surprised if a magazine/website asked you to do a weathering tutorial as that is something many of us would love to be able to try and replicate. Id be happy if I could even remotely close.

thanks a lot gents, glad you like the weathering

Webby thanks for the compliment mate...might do an SBS or so a bit later on :)

Started with Oil Paint Rendering yesterday evening. After two 1hour sessions one side is nearly finished. More pigments will be applied later on

Lots of oil paints and pigments were used ;D

Hope you guys like it. :)

Michael Rinaldis technique isn't as hard as it looks and is fairly forgiving, one should give it a try

Cheers

The FX are amazing...the subtle FX all combine to create the final FX....Great work sir...... :)

Latest posts

Back