Caribbean Pirate Ship

Fett2303

My backpacks got jets!
This is my first ship model. It’s a Caribbean Pirate Ship by Revell. This is also my first attempt at doing water effects. For the water I used a plaster base. I painted the base dark blue. I then added a coating of latex clear caulk over the plaster. I added a tinit of blue in green in the caulk. These photos are some from the beginning of of the build and some NEAR finished photos.

100_2728.jpg

Very cool! Your water almost looks like it glows, it's fitting to the subject.

Thanks guys. The base wasn't completely dry when I took the picture. It has darkened up a bit in the spots I needed it too. I post some final pics of it when complete with the flags and such. I made the base so that its also a display shelf. When its done I just hang it on the wall. Hoping to make Scotts gallery with it.

Gallery? For sure. Email me your photos ( ab it larger tahn what you have here if possible) and a description and I'll put it on pronto.

Emailing it helps me keep things straight. Thanks.

The pictures in the gallery are the best. The water finally dried and stayed just like those photos. I'm very pleased with how it turned out and that hardly happens when building a kit (you always nit pick ur own stuffs). I'm in Florida on holiday and found a great hobby store down here. I'm going to post the place later. The guy will do mail orders, but doesn't get into the online sales (older guy and well established shop). This place has tons of retro kits and he only deals in them mainly. I got a great out of production snow speeder kit for $14.00 us. Posting the shop soon as I can dig his card back back out.

That is just AWESOME!!!

when i was a kid i loved pirate ships, i draw them all the time, this model brings me back to my child hood man. i tell you what, i think im going to make my own pirate ship soon, any suggestions for a new modeler?

I believe the one that I built here was just a small Revel kit that cost me $12.00. Plenty of mods that you can do to it if you wanted. I even debated cutting out the windows and placing some old shipped stained glass in there and soft yellow flickering lighting for candle light in the captains quarters. Anyway good luck looking forward to it if ya build it.

Looking great. Very interesting version of that model. Do you like that styrene sails. I had "some" problems with them.

Latest posts

Back