Car modelers unite :)

ScarredKustoms

Whatcha building!?
Ok going through the gallery ... I am noticing that us car/automotive modelers are slacking ... we need to get some builds done. The Armor, Aircraft and Sci-Fi guys are kicking our butts and I'm not gonna take it anymore... you guys with me? .... LOL ;D ;D ;D

Seriously though ... there are some great builds coming along on this thread, we just need to knock um out... I'm one to talk I'm here posting instead of working ... lol Back to work!!

(The above post is meant to be sarcasm ... just in case you wasn't sure ;) )

8) road ace is probably faster than alot of the airplanes in the forum >:), i would participate more in the auto realm as i have made tons of airplanes, however my funds have run out and school has consumed necessary time to produce models.

I should take some photos of the last couple of car kits I finished....just have some shots of them in a contest setting. Late 90's RX-7, and a Ferrari F430.

In the mean time I do have a motorcycle kit I built, the photos are on my Fotki album

http://public.fotki.com/ScottM/models/yamaha_xv1000/

If you want to mine them from there, feel free to put them in the gallery. They were taken way back when I had my old 2.0MP Canon....so maybe not the best of pictures.

I had a fever here a while back and built a truck,does it count? ;D
100_0607.jpg

I may only build tanks but I really do enjoy seeing a HOT vehicle build.
Tony lee ;D

I'll have the Black rat & 34 pickup done by the end of the month ...They have to be cause there going to a show !! ;D

Chris.

My T-bird won't get started until. the contest starts. It'll be my first car in nearly 20 years.

scratchmod

i want to do a souped up version of a Corvette C5-R but dont have the funds... it would require several kits, the C5-R kit, and i would put a blower on it! >XD YES..... SUPERCHARGED!!!!!

This is funny as when I joined this site last year I was still strictly building cars and only the odd car was posted. Since then I've started doing military vehicles. I plan on doing more cars in the future for sure. I have a bunch started and need painting and whatnot.

If you look you'll find a couple I've posted here. Here are a few from a while ago.
And Tony, I don't know why your truck wouldn't count. I picked up an Opel Blitz myself lately. Too cool.

I mostly did old school drag cars and the odd beater. I would like to do more beaters.

IMG_2139.jpg
IMG_5792.jpg
IMG_4632.jpg
IMG_5595.jpg
IMG_4548.jpg

Fear not, ScarredKustoms, there are car models out there.
Here, for example, is my Keaton-era Batmobile:
http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq45/quaralane/Models/Batmobile/

A custom-painted Mitsubishi 3000GT:
http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq45/quaralane/Models/BladeRunner/
Yes, the finish is supposed to be flat. It's supposed to be a "stealth" car, and less visible at night.

As well as an old Corvette Indy with flames
http://s432.photobucket.com/albums/qq45/quaralane/Models/Cruiser/
At the end of that album is a VERY old pic of a 1/16 Ferrari Testarossa Twin Turbo

I pull images from the different forums for the gallery. Unless someone sends me a private message and they email me the pictures. Same thing with descriptions that go with the pictures I pull as much info from the post as I can. Post a thread with your finished builds with good descriptions and I will work on getting a few more autos in the gallery. :)

I'm just happy this thread got the response it has ... I knew we had some car modelers out there. ;D

13aceofspades13 said:
those are some interesting and sweet cars

I'm sure to some of you not familiar to vintage drag cars, some of my above builds may look a bit funky but although my cars are fictional I assure you the subject matter is not. That is the neat thing about early drag cars, they were very creative in ways to make their cars go faster. Take the altered wheelbase cars for example. The rear wheel ( and sometimes the front ) were moved forward to help transfer weight to the slicks for extra traction. The tire technology wasn't as good back then thus the slicks were not as "sticky" as todays tires. Moving the engine back did the same thing.

Although not exact, this car I built was taken from an actual photo.
IMG_5705.jpg
DefendersDragster.jpg

Here are a couple of engine details for those who are into that sort of thing.
Picture358.jpg

IMG_5864.jpg

Quaralane and noname, some awesome lookin` builds turned out by you dudes, love those `Ratties`and `Rods` 8) ;D

`Boots`

Want to thank everyone for responding to this call out. Looks like I have my work cut out for me on the next gallery update!

Thanks Boots, all this talk about cars made me bring out an old build I had started and never finished. Tanks, cars what an odd couple to juggle. Not really I guess, it's all model building. Just slightly different frames of mind. :)

Latest posts

Back