Captain of the Ultramarines 40k

longlance67

cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war -shakespear
Hi all,

i recently picked up this little dude in my local art and hobby shop for a pretty penny too i can tell you ;)
continuing with my Ultamarine project this chap will repersent the command element of my battle group. The Space Marine Captain set provides one plastic figure but gives the modeler a lot of options in both weapons and equipment. Which all will be good for any other converisons you may want to do with your any of your marines in the future. The moulding is nice and sharp with some lovely moulded detail work (warhammer love there skulls ;) ) only a few seamline to remove but nothing too tricky

P1100777.jpg

the figure went together in ten minutes thanks to the good old superglue :-X
The figure was equipped with power sword and bolt pistol and the rest of weapon options went into the bits box. As this is my special character and commander i want it to stand out on the table, so i want it to have a sharp paint finish. And to also to try freehand painting on the loincloth and inscriptions on his armour. The basic of unpainted figure:

P1100779.jpg

P1100782.jpg

P1100783.jpg

P1100781.jpg

i hope for this thread to more of a step by step so hopefully you'll find some of this of help,
more updates to follow soon,

cheers

shane.

Nice little fig Shane!!! A lot of little details packed into that...I will be following along!!!

Great looking little fig Shane ....look forward to it ;)

Chris.

TRM - thanks for your comment buddy, its a busy little figure with a lot of elements to pick out...this is gonna be a blast ;D

Chris - glad to have ya along mate, im looking forward to seeing what kind of finish i can get with him

A little update to share,
Ive removed the figure from his base as ive realised its gonna be a little tricky to paint the underside of the model if he mounted on the base. And i fancied trying to add more detailed groundwork.

Ill have photos up tomorrow

cheers

shane

Howdie all,

time for the photo update as promosed ;)

BUILD UPDATE: base and undercoats

the base was redone last night, the ground work was sclupted with modelling clay, to add a little enterest to the base i added a spare shoulder guard pressing it into the setting clay, finaly soem blasted was fixed the base and everything was sealed with a coat of watered down pva glue

P1100802.jpg

the figure was also undercoated in Choas Black and allowed to dry for a few hours

P1100799.jpg

and was then followed by a basecoat of one of GW's foundation colours
P1100803.jpg

P1100804.jpg

with the base setting, next the highlights will begin

till then

cheers

shane

Howide all

thought id share the finished paint job on my Captain, enjoy :)

P1100956.jpg

P1100957.jpg

all comments welcome

cheers,

shane

Latest posts

Back