Canadian Staghound

You did a good job on this... so far ! keep pushing (when ever Time allows )

Looking forward to your next update !

Norm.

Thanks schweinhund227 .

I have my non model commitment pretty much out of the way so I should be able to get something done. I have the decals on for the '181' 12th Manitoba Dragoons, Belgium, Sept. 1944 according to the Amouredacorn.com.

IMG_0459.jpg

The kit does not supply the tow cable but luckily I had recently purchased some small dia. braided wire that will work nicely. Maybe give it a wash of black and brown to start off.

lo.jpg

Looking great noname!!! Love the dusting and the cable should work nicely!!! ;)

Thanks guys. I sprayed some Testors dull coat on it today to help protect the paint from the coming weathering assault. ;D I've done this before without any clear coats, but it is difficult. I work with just acrylics so I think the dull coat will help me out here. I just can't bring myself to cover a flat finish with a gloss coat. I know this is the norm but....

I made some boxes for on it but I won't show pics until I paint them. See what I can get dont tonight. ;)

That is looking first class Matt :) Brilliant work buddy .....nearly there ;)

Chris.

Thanks Chris, but I'm afraid I've got a bit left to do. Seeing how today is the last day I won't be able to finished in time. Maybe if I worked all day and all night, but I don't want to rush this.

I've added the tow cable, the end off a machine gun I lost and did some pin washes. I also went into the turret and a few other places adding hints of colour and fading the paint. Don't know if you can see in these photos. When it is all finished I'll take some good photos.

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

thanks for looking.

Thanks guys. I wasn't able to get any time to work on the Staghound last night. You'd be surprised at how much is left to do. Actually, you probably know exactly how much is left to do. We is all in the same hobby right? ;) I don't have a recipe I use for weathering, but I will repeat the same words others have said over and over again, it's all in the layers. Got to work on a little bit of stowage as well. Pics of these Stags always show some amount of stowage or another.

Latest posts

Back