Canadian Staghound

Oooops! ::) Thanks for pointing that out Ken. I didn't do my homework. I have some walkaround pics but just assumed it was a weld line. My bad. On closer inspection I can see what you are saying. That bottom piece of the rear turret is a separate part and when put together there is a tad gap. I'll fix that.

Thanks for your comments Spud and Panzerace. I've got the fender on. Soon getting to primer. I need to wait for a warmer day. I do have a shed I can paint in but it is not insulated and my wood stove doesn't do much in below zero weather. I usually use Tamiya rattle can primer so....

IMG_0132.jpg

Thanks.Yes it is a little challenging, but do-able. I was taken by surprise because I figured this subject matter would be a quicker build. Well, Bronco is up on their detail let's just say that. And that is good. ;)

There is some detail to the inside of the turret too if you want to open a hatch. No detail for inside the hull though. Oh, and I was surprised at the size of this thing. Bigger than expected.

Looking good with the primer on Matt ..Bring on da paint ;D

Chris.

thats looking cool cant wait to see a differnt color tough ;D

Thanks guys. Been busy lately but hopefully can get some base coat on it soon.

I kinda dig it white. But,..of course it's got to be green. ;)

What do you guys think of my Staghound, cutting matt and pencil dio. ;D

Got some paint on today. Ran into a couple of snags , but I won't get into that. :-[ :(
No modulation here, however I did use two different shades of the same colour here to simulate paint fade. I don't think it is all that noticeable in the photo.

I have been really busy so I don't know how progress will be, but this is a good starte eh?

IMG_0199.jpg

Paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yer right i cant really tell that you used two shades but im sure when you add filters washes and Mud it will all start to show

Paint is looking good Matt ,just keep it ticking along when you can mate ...no pressure ;)

Chris.

looks sharp... you still got a plenty of time to finish, your almost halfway there ;D

LOL, ya never know I might get enough time in to finish this thing. Darn, I just remember I had to make a little stowage to. ::)

Thanks for your interest guys. I really haven't had much time to work on this. March will be a better month so if I get this done by the end of Feb. I'll be lucky. I did take some time to make a few ammo boxes last night that can often be seen on Staghound fenders, but... they were too big. So now I will scale them down a little. I suppose I should stick some decals on there too before weathering is started. I should put a clear coat on too I suppose. You know I usually don't even put a clear coat on before waethering? Ya, it is a little tricky but it can work.

Latest posts

Back