Canadian Army LAV-III (Trumpeter 1/35 kit w. Black Dog stowage set)

schweinhund227 said:
;D. How goes the battle?

its coming along, I took a few pics last night but they dont look too pretty since Im in the middle of the oil wash, for some reason the camera makes it look all shiny, and it isnt. Hopefully a matt coat and a filter coat will take the sheen off. Did a little drybrusing of the stowage set, its looking pretty cool.

Don't forget that some of your Hard work might Get Diminished by the CLEAR COAT !

Don't freak out if you see some of your weathering Darken or Soften due to a CLEAR Coat...
as long as you know... ???

Some peoples don't expect it and get disappointed! just add it in thin coats.... so you get a chance at controlling it !

Looking forward to see your progress on this.

That paint is wicked Carsenault. :eek:

I just started looking around the War Wheels GB, and I think the LAV colour depth looks really good considering that it's essentially one colour - green. Amazes me what can be done with subtle painting. Very cool.

Jason

Thanks Jason...

So close to the finish now, just some final assembly and weathering to do. Really hoping to wrap this up today since I need to get going an another big armor project, Dragon's M1A1 AIM for a GB over at ARC.

Since the last update, I started wih the weathering process, still way back on the learning curve for that stuff. I began with an oil wash, to silulate dust and streaking over the hull and turret, I also drybrushed the stowage gear some more.

056.jpg

057.jpg

059.jpg

060.jpg

Next it was time to start fitting the gear onto the LAV, For the most part, the add ons fit quite nicely, they were done in a way to be mounted in a specific location. A few items didnt fit very well so some delicate surgery was done to get everything al tucked in nicely. One piece was missing from the set so I tried to vary the position of the gear on the left side but there were some clearance issues with the turret so I had to use the original locations. The only thing I havent quite figured out yet is where to place the ammo boxes.

065.jpg

068.jpg

069.jpg

070.jpg

072.jpg

Here it is with most of the gear in place, and a few bits temporarily placed in alternate spots.

081.jpg

082.jpg

Wheels dry-fitted, yay, all straight this time! :p

085.jpg

086.jpg

Weathering started on the wheels and tires...

087.jpg

088.jpg

schweinhund227 said:
Great looking Mean, Green, Killing Machine!

Love your Color modulation!

Outstanding!

panzerace007 said:
CARS ,

I agree with SCHWEINHUND ..... !! Lookin' Hot Boi !! Keep On-A-Rollin' Brotha' !

Coming from you two, thats a huuuuge compliment,

Thanks Guys!

Well! Myke! It's a known fact! Sitting more at the bench makes you a better modeler!

LOL

It's true! 8)

Yours will come out just fine! Don't worry about it!

Oh boy! I'm going to get it now! LOL

It's hard!!! Not to??

with pestilent little children...

always TUGGING

at their pant leg???

A cry for attention!! LOL!!

All in good FUN???

eh NORM?

Taking my tread back over.. lol

Well I didnt finish it yet, but very close. I can almost smell the diesel exhaust and taste the dust...

Did a filter coat using Tamiya buff, I need to brush up (no pun intended) on pigment application now. I seem to remember seeing a video clip on the subject here a while back.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

One question for you! What have you done with the winch? Or do you have it now.... Behind the ration boxed.... I fail to recall if we could cramp up boxes in the.... Whiny the winch Spool in place!

Just asking! Or was it missing from your kit?

Odd!

Great paint job.... I wish mine come up this good! Whenever I'll get to them.

schweinhund227 said:
One question for you! What have you done with the winch? Or do you have it now.... Behind the ration boxed.... I fail to recall if we could cramp up boxes in the.... Whiny the winch Spool in place!

Just asking! Or was it missing from your kit?

Odd!

Great paint job.... I wish mine come up this good! Whenever I'll get to them.

Im sure your will look fantastic Norm.

I came across a LAV-III build at Armorama by Bob Read that showed a MRE pack or 2 stuffed into that space and I thought it would add some visual interest. Not too late to reverse that. The winch itself I assembled and have it in reserve, the other parts for the captan and rollers are still on the sprue. Here is a link to that build of a LAV-III I found at Armorama. I also wanted to stuff a MRE box in the hub of the spare wheel, but all were too big.

http://armorama.kitmaker.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=2337

Latest posts

Back