BSG Mark VIIE Viper (my version)

jake

Reaction score
Been working on this for a few months and finally finished. This is the Moebius 1/32 viper. I did not modify the nose to the correct E generation shape. I just shortened it and blended in the long ventral wing fin things so they conformed and looked aerodynamic. I also tinted the canopy to an amber shade and added a glare shield. I left it fairly clean, didn't want it too banged up. Think it looks better kinda clean. That's a switch!

Thanks for looking

Quaralane

Reaction score
Looks good, but a little odd with the shorter nose

Mikey_W_1980

Reaction score
Nice clean look there. I like the idea of tinting the canopy, very much like the F-22 Raptor.

ulvdemon

Reaction score
Looks nice. How did you go about rounding off the leading edges around the nose?

jake

Reaction score
Thanks for the comment. To shorten up the nose I basically chopped it off at an angle with a razor saw. I used the same to cut and round the long fins that run up along the nose from the wings. I used sandpaper and manicure files to smooth everything out then realized I was left with big big gaps. I filled them in with this;

Its similar to aves epoxy sculpt and cures up a little lighter in weight but never shrinks and can be sanded just like aves. It takes primer and paint like a dream Its awesome stuff!

Latest posts